• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

But the Proletariat wants gun control.
Now that depends on who you ask/quote - this from Marx & Engels circa 1850 ... ;)
... Where the workers are employed by the state, they must arm and organize themselves into special corps with elected leaders, or as a part of the proletarian guard. Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary ...
More on those who want to emphasize the "Red" in "redneck" here (2017, via UK media).

Ya that's been all over my social media... If I owned a business no way would I be willingly offering this information.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if business that didn't reply or were found to be subverting the program were threatened with the loss of their Firearms Business License.
Matches up with all the gun control ads I’ve been seeing on tv of late.
That's called "shaping the battlespace".

What I would love to see at tomorrow's hearing is Poly's tweet mentioned and that they be censured for it. Wishful thinking, I know.

I strongly question if that is what happened or it was just the cops covering there tracks after shooting him. Lots of questions with this case as it doesn't seem to add up to me.

Is it's anything like NS and an inquiry will be launched there is no doubt it will be transparent and provide an honest overview of the "what happened".

I strongly question if that is what happened or it was just the cops covering there tracks after shooting him. Lots of questions with this case as it doesn't seem to add up to me.
I've read the entire report. The big and never-to-be-answered question is what was going through Roger Kotanko's mind when the police showed up. Surprisingly, there were no security cameras in or outside the shop.

Yeah I looked at the report a while ago and while I dont know Rodger well(always thought it was Roger), Ive met him a few times and have a few friends that he has done work for. We and they are having a hard time buying it. It doesn't make any sense to us at all. I dont understand why he would pick up the firearm. Who is the customer? Questionable on the whole warrant thing. Why didn't they contact him anyways he has done a ton of work with police forces as I understand it.

I'm going to stop before I get myself in trouble

One might think he didn’t think they where LE, but criminals there to rob him, or if he was partially deaf and/or blind.

Very odd to have a gun shop without security cameras these days. Most insurance companies demand them, both interior and exterior.

Through another Order in Council, the Liberal Government has extended the amnesty period of the May 1st, 2020 gun ban OIC until October 30, 2023.

Last edited:

The complete report is there. Where the person, the customer, when interviewed states they were shocked that Rodger retrieved the pistol like he did when police entered.

It’s possible that they didn’t have the full report linked when they released the synopsis

The complete report is there. Where the person, the customer, when interviewed states they were shocked that Rodger retrieved the pistol like he did when police entered.

It’s possible that they didn’t have the full report linked when they released the synopsis
It didn't have it when I first looked at it.

Unfortunate result - but one cannot fault the officer for shooting in the circumstances.

I find it hard to believe that a competent gun smith would let bad guys use his guns without attempting to remove serial numbers and the like. Perhaps guns sold by the gunsmith?

I find it hard to believe that a competent gun smith would let bad guys use his guns without attempting to remove serial numbers and the like. Perhaps guns sold by the gunsmith?
The Firearms were not logged out of the shop.
Serial Numbers had been defaced - but where able to be determined on detailed exam (I won't get into what can be done and how to defeat it here).

There is a way to do it, that a competent machinist could overcome the methodology used, but I won't mention it either. Possible the guns were sold but sloppy paperwork and/or his brain is getting fuzzy as he aged.

Back