• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

ahhhh....the burning!!! I remember I could reheat a meal with my face for a few days after being sprayed!!!! And yes, there is a training can of OC, usually in a green canister. If someone ever produces a red canister, be prepared....it‘s the real stuff....

Securitas

My housemate is doing his MPAC in January...maybe you two will be on course together

Cheechue,

Is it confirmed that he‘s going? We‘ll likely be at MPAC together. Does your housemate know where it‘s being held? Hope to hear from you soon.

Shaun

Guyz i tried looking for a specific website for information on Military Police, unfortunately couldnt find anything so i was wondering if any one of u would be able to help me out in this ... thanx

Check out this link:

http://www.cmpa-apmc.ca/htdocs/index.html

Many units have their own official or unoffical page but you have to go searching for it.

To join the military police in Canada you either have to have a university degree in Criminology or a College Diploma from one of the few recognized Colleges in Canada, along with the other minimum requirements. Also there is a military police assessment centre that is a three day process of testing etc. where they‘ll decide if you qualify or not.

Has anyone here ever been to MPAC? How many people do they test? What is the rate of passing? Any MP members in the system for advise would be good.

hi,
I am an army cadet and have been for 5 years and i am hoping to join the reg force as soon as i can. I want to be an officer but i also wanted to be an MP. I was just wondering what the difference is in the job and daily routine of an MP and a Security Officer. Do Security Officers actually do MP work or are they more organization and desk work? any answers or help you can give me would be really appreciated.

CSM Spears

hi,
I am an army cadet and have been for 5 years and i am hoping to join the reg force as soon as i can. I want to be an officer but i also wanted to be an MP. I was just wondering what the difference is in the job and daily routine of an MP and a Security Officer. Do Security Officers actually do MP work or are they more organization and desk work? any answers or help you can give me would be really appreciated.

CSM Spears

i think he meant MP Officers.....

there was a thread posted before check the search string to find the response

i meant military police officers which are now called security officers

Most people who join the army as a NCM usually change their minds about becoming an officer. I would suggest being in the reserves for awhile before commiting to reg. force officer.

Spears:

MP officers used to be called "Security Officer" since we used to be called the Security Branch. Current term for officers in our Branch is Military Police Officer. Not something I totally agree with due to the confusion this causes but I‘m not the policy maker.

As for the role of each:

MP 811 (NCMs) do the vast majority of what would be considered "police work" although we do much more than that as well.

MPO 81 (Officers) primarily do "desk work" but must do a short period of patrol and invest work as part of their Provisional Employment Period and can be posted to the NIS in Ottawa where they will do "sensitive" investigations for a period of time. The vast majority of their career is spent riding the desk as it were.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions you‘d like answered.

I searched and couldn't find any information so I will appreciate any info anyone can provide. I am looking at all my career options and came across the military police. I have two diplomas from International Correspondence School in police sciences and private investigation and have finished a 4 yr B.A. degree in Criminal Justice from American Military University (a private university not affiliated with the U.S. military, just teaching military studies mostly to U.S. military personnel or UN personnel). Additionally, I am now working on my Master's Degree in Criminal Justice through them also.

However, I was told when I applied for infantry in the reserves (still awaiting Borden) that because my degree was not from a Canadian institution it would not be recognized. Is this true? Would it help if I get my degree evaluated through World Education Services? Furthermore, American Military University has an agreement with the Royal Military College to allow transfer credits will this help? Who should I contact?

Having a foreign degree is fine.  I have an American degree and had no problems.  However, my school is Regionally Accredited in the US, so that is why I had no problem.

Since AMU isn't RA in the US you might not be able to get the recognition.  But, since it is DETC accredited, you might be able to.  What you need to do is send your degree and transcrpts to your provincial international qualification assessment agency and have them do an assessment.  Ask the CFRC about which assessment agency you should use.  They will know and if some clerk tells you otherwise than ask another.  In Alberta and Saskatchewan the agency is called IQAS (International Qualification Assessment Service) and they are associated with Alberta Learning. I imagine the other provinces have something similar set up with their provincial learning bodies.  Also, there are different types of assessments (such as a general equivalency, a detailed assessment for grad school admittance, or skills assessment for employers--you would likley need to get the general equivalency one done).  If the assessment comes back as generally equivalent to a Canadian 4-year bachelor degree, then you'll be good to go.

Also, the two certificates you have from ICS likely won't mean a thing.

All that is required is a 2 year college diploma in either security and law, police foundations or corrections. But be prepaired to wait its a long process and they seem to have a weird way of chossing people.  I my self have  waited 2 years with a college diploma handgun training through work as an armored guard and I still cant get in but good luck to you.  I hope you get your chance i didn't.  Currently going in as supply tech than ill remuster hopefully into MP.

Thanks Casing, I'll get it evaluated and hope for the best.

Im pissed, do you have any suggestions for increasing my chances? Is there anything special they are looking for that you know of? Any idea what good #'s for fitness test would be?

Back