• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The New B.F.T.

• Thread starter Thread starter young buck
  • Start date Start date
Y

young buck

I am in Wainwright& i am doing my B.F.T. on the 27th, of may this year & we will do the 13 k than the firemens carry and a new thing the trench dig! >:( Now i know that it is imp. to know how to dig a trench but not on your B.F.T. (Well it is not a full trench, You have to move pea gravel from one box to another in 6 mins.) Can anyone tell me why we are doing this on a B.F.T.? ;)

It is a test of fitness related (somewhat) to a real world task.  So the reason we are doing this it to test fitness.  Sort of fitting considering the BFT is a fitness test.
Remember there is still more to be added to the BFT such as the ammo can lift.

Well we are doing ours on the 17 and there is no trench dig, it does suck though.

Jane

Wasn't the trench dig part of the old warrior program? Seems I remember something about that.  :-\

As I recall (in my hazy past), the fieldcraft portion of Warrior included construction of a shell scrape.

Cheers,

TR

Quit grumbling about a piddly 13 KM....

13 K?  Whatever happened to the ol' 2X10?  They sucked humping that old C2 around.....

Kat

A little off topic, but I wonder what kind of stories you old fogeys are going to tell if any of the young troops ever bothered to find out exactly how much a C1/C2/C5 actually weighs...... ;D

Britany those C1/C2 humping 2x10s were uphill both ways and barefoot through snow drifts too you realise.  ;D

Old Fogey

Wasn't so much the gun, it was that VERY attractive, and oh so comfy mag bra....

Kat

Danjanou said:
Britany those C1/C2 humping 2x10s were uphill both ways and barefoot through snow drifts too you realise.  ;D

Old Fogey
Into the wind, barefooted.... well, Mk IIs, may as well have been barefoot

Kat good points I forgot those ( damn mess tins) 

and you tell that to the kids these days and they won't believe you.... ::)

Back