• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

THE ODDs and possibilities!

schwick

Inactive
Reaction score
im am very interested in combat engineers
but i donot want to be in pat platoon for a long time and want a little clarification on this part of the training to be qualified
i am a reservist right now looking to occupational transfer into reg force combat engineer
how can i make this process faster and once i am in how long till i would be engineer qualified wiht cap badge
i am a corporal now and i am also wondering
the odds of myself getting a jump course, combat diver course or a pathfinder course
in my first three years of the trade in my contract.
thanks in advance

How many years do you have in?
What MOC courses do you have?
What leadership courses do you have?

Try a read through here:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/22924.0.html

It should give you a feel for most of your component transfer questions.

anyone for how reasonable it is to get on thoose course in first engagement please

schwick said:
anyone for how reasonable it is to get on thoose course in first engagement please

In my experience, it is highly unlikely that you will get a course like 'basic parachutist' during your first BE.  It is possible for you to get it during your second BE as you will be young enough (in theory) to maximixe the use of this qualification.  Unfortunately, the Engineers are so backed up with good soldiers who have been promised this course for quite some time.  So you can expect a waiting list that factors in seniority.

Remember, like all things in life, the better soldier you are - the more likely your request will be supported by your chain of command. 

S6

thanks
what about time in combat engineering and wiating for the courses?

Back