• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Warrior publication

Argyll_2347

Inactive
Reaction score
An CI at my corps had the book "The Warrior". Where can I get a copy??? That book is my unseen bible. I only saw a couple pages before almost fainting because of it‘s information. Can someone maybe sell me a copy? Or tell me where to get it?

thanks

The book you‘re inquiring about will not be sold to you. It is used by the Primary Reserve and Regular Force and issued on authority of the Chief of Defence Staff. Do not even attempt to procure this. If you would like to gain access to it, enlist in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders or the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry.

-the patriot- :cdn:

I may be wrong, but, I believe Warrior training has been replaced by ELOC trg in the reserve, MLOC if you get a callout. The only Warrior books available are old copies, carried by crusty old NCO‘s and you couldn‘t pry one away with a 24 of Keiths. This would be true no matter WHAT unit you joined, not just those two, which may or may not be the only ones avail in your area.

I saw one on E-Bay a while back....Had a good chuckle. The first edition with the little green cover made me laugh. All these little cartoon characters showing you how to dig a trench etc. I must admit I still have mine with all the rest of my "work" books. It‘s good for looking up all of those simple but forgotten facts.

Originally posted by the patriot:
[qb]The book you‘re inquiring about will not be sold to you. It is used by the Primary Reserve and Regular Force and issued on authority of the Chief of Defence Staff. Do not even attempt to procure this. If you would like to gain access to it, enlist in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders or the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry.

-the patriot- :cdn: [/qb]

Or he could talk nice to one of the clerks in those units who could photocopy it for him.

Or bid for it on ebay...

Why don‘t they issue these anymore?
I managed to procure a copy from someone that went NES, but otherwise you have to get a huge photocopied version as opposed to the handy pocketsized one. The Warrier handbook is one handout that is actually usefull. I guess NDHQ couldn‘t have that.

I‘ve been in the Forces for three years and never got any reference mats until I had enough sense (which happened sometime last year) to go and sign out from the unit libraryThe Infantry Section and Platoon In Battle. That‘s the pam all basically trained soldiers should be reading, learning, and applying.

patriot - On January 1st, 2003 I am going to join the Argylls.

Until then I will check e-bay.

Thanks

Back