• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

At Least Five Fishermen Dead After Drinking Contents of Bottles Found at Sea

At least five Srilankan fishermen have tragically lost their lives and three more are in critical condition after consuming the mysterious contents of bottles found floating in the open sea.

OIP.oG88h58azUg5NJ0eMCNwJAAAAA

This is crazy.

Ball hockey referee left with fractured skull, jaw after removing player from game
“(The referee) received a stick blow to the chest followed by a stick blow with both hands directly to the face,” the NBHPA said in a social media post detailing the incident.
The referee suffered a fractured skull and jaw along with a concussion, according to the association. All of his teeth were either broken or displaced.
The NBHPA said the victim will need facial reconstruction surgeries and is unable to work.

He needs to be arrested, charged, undergo a trial like any other criminal. Publicly very publicly
He’s charged with assault causing and assault with a weapon. Based on the injuries described I’m surprised they didn’t charge agg assault. Taking the story at face value, I’d have likely charged the 268, and probably seen a plead down to the 267.

This is crazy.

Ball hockey referee left with fractured skull, jaw after removing player from game

“The man was questioned and released on a promise to appear in court on charges of assault with a weapon and causing bodily harm,” police said in a statement.

So the victim has his skull fractured, teeth knocked out and will be spending a lot of time in the hospital. While the "alleged" preparator gets to go home and have a brewski or two, watch TV, and take it easy!

Doesn't seem very right to me.

So the victim has his skull fractured, teeth knocked out and will be spending a lot of time in the hospital. While the "alleged" preparator gets to go home and have a brewski or two, watch TV, and take it easy!

Doesn't seem very right to me.

He’s been charged, he hasn’t been convicted. If the crown is unable to demonstrate a compelling risk that the accused will skip court, continue offending, or otherwise be a danger to the public, then bail is a right.

Flip side, time in custody pre trial is generally credited at at least 1.5x, so if he remains out until trial / sentencing, that leaves more actual time to serve.

He’s been charged, he hasn’t been convicted. If the crown is unable to demonstrate a compelling risk that the accused will skip court, continue offending, or otherwise be a danger to the public, then bail is a right.

Flip side, time in custody pre trial is generally credited at at least 1.5x, so if he remains out until trial / sentencing, that leaves more actual time to serve.
I wasn't thinking about that last part you mentioned. Thanks!!

Well, it's likely going to take the better part of a couple of years yet if he doesn't plead guilty so he's only in the induction portion of the trudeau hug-a-thug rehab program.

Well, it's likely going to take the better part of a couple of years yet if he doesn't plead guilty so he's only in the induction portion of the trudeau hug-a-thug rehab program.
Unless they go straight indictable, the Jordan limit is 18 months for provincial court. But given the apparent strength and facts of the case, he’d be a total idiot not to take a plea deal.

Given the unprovoked and brutal nature of the assault and the extent of the injuries, I’d be astonished if he doesn’t see a decent bit of jail time.

Given the unprovoked and brutal nature of the assault and the extent of the injuries, I’d be astonished if he doesn’t see a decent bit of jail time.
I know a guy who got six months for manslaughter. He beat a guy to death...

A hockey stick.

Back