• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This has nothing to do with "Let's Put An End To Breast Cancer!"

JohnWayne

Inactive
Reaction score
Trinity said:
Volunteer.  Either as Event staff... or do the walk yourself and raise the minimum $2000 to do it.
It might be a little late to sign up for this years walk.  But you can always do next years.

Yeah we really need to get on this whole Cancer thing... they're saying like 1 in 3 people in my generation might get it at some point. I'm looking in to volunteering for one of these charities. I did 6 hours of work for a Lung Cancer event, raised a couple hundred bucks for em, and they took the money then kicked me out and didn't sign my sheet cause they saw me lighting up a cigarette outside... Commies. (You need this community service hours sheet signed to graduate highschool now.)

You really need to think before you post.

Seriously.

I'd do the same thing they did. Ever think that you should be setting some sort of example?

When you attack the way I say something, you're only proving I'm right by not going after what I actually said.
Oh, and your sig line leaves alot to be desired when you run around and call people Commies.

Scott said:
You really need to think before you post.

Seriously.

I'd do the same thing they did. Ever think that you should be setting some sort of example?
Oh, and your sig line leaves alot to be desired when you run around and call people Commies.

It's a free country. They showed me no basic respect after I gave my time to help for a good cause.

JohnWayne said:
It's a free country. They showed me no basic respect after I gave my time to help for a good cause.

-Get used to it.  Good causes attract bad people, too. That doesn't mean they are not still good causes.  Try mentioning the connection between birth control pills and cancer at a brest cancer fund raiser, and watch how fast politics trumps humanity. 

Have you considered the point that cigarettes cause cancer and it is somewhat hypocritical to smoke outside of a fundraising event for treating cancer? IMO, you are the one who showed no respect nor common sense and courtesy. Sum up and move on, take the advice given to you in a few threads here.

JohnWayne said:
... cause they saw me lighting up a cigarette outside...

Isn't there a legal age in Ontario to even be able to buy cigarettes?  IIRC it is 18, which would make it illegal for you, at 16, to buy them, which means you shouldn't be smoking them anyway.

airmich said:
Isn't there a legal age in Ontario to even be able to buy cigarettes?  IIRC it is 18, which would make it illegal for you, at 16, to buy them, which means you shouldn't be smoking them anyway.

It's an almost unenforced law. And it's not hypocritical... I'm all for a cure for Lung Cancer; this wasn't some fucking anti-smoking rally.  :mad:  Besides, I was outside. If you work at McDonalds, they can fire you for telling people to leave and go eat at Wendys... not for eating at Wendys on your own time. Same concept. Hey, when they find a cure, I hope its sold in cigarette form.  :)

JohnWayne:

You just won't listen, will you.

I suspect a mod will be along to reinforce the message you've been ignoring from the rest of us.

Roy

I'm not even going to go further with you, it's a waste of my time. Unenforced laws are still laws that may and should be taken seriously. For someone who has such a keen interest in the military I'd think you would understand that.

As for your example, well, it's like comparing apples to bowling balls. I highly suggest, one last time, that you move on and do some reading and thinking before you post.

The ball is in your court.

The Army.ca Staff

Scott said:
I'm not even going to go further with you, it's a waste of my time. Unenforced laws are still laws that may and should be taken seriously. For someone who has such a keen interest in the military I'd think you would understand that.

As for your example, well, it's like comparing apples to bowling balls. I highly suggest, one last time, that you move on and do some reading and thinking before you post.

The ball is in your court.

The Army.ca Staff

I've read all the links other people posted. This has absolutely nothing to do with myself, or you, or the Army, I just mentioned that I want to help out with fighting Cancer, and one or two people dislike that I'm conciously putting myself at risk. There is nothing wrong with what I wrote, just guys like Roy here want to be hard over other stuff. Unless you have something to say about the issue, then don't reply. You have the power to ignore.

http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/frontdoor/0,,3543___langId-en,00.html

I'm looking in to this Relay For Life because it says they always need volunteers. Has anyone done it before? U of Ottawa is hosting it from what I understand.

As this has strayed so far off track it now has its' own.  I am sure that this train will not stop at the regular stops, so anyone who bought tickets to other destinations, this is your stop to change trains.

Thank you for travelling Army.ca Rail.

Have a pleasant trip.

The Staff
Army.ca

George Wallace said:
this is your stop to change trains.

Thank you for travelling Army.ca Rail.

Have a pleasant trip.

Thank you  :D. I want to go to Paris, do you offer transfer to boat or plane ?

Back