• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This is crazy LOL

I think I am sharing the same view as von Garvin . I don't believe the Government  should be able to control what we eat . That should be up to each individual person but at the same hand we have to  individually accept what heppens to us through our own actions .  

CallOfDuty said:
   Actually Yrys...I know this sounds anal, but I read the label of everything I buy!
When I eat I like to think natural.  Eggs....meats...whole grains.....vegetables, fruits.....nuts...
  About 4 years ago or so I decided to become a healthier person......started eating right.....excercising....since then, I've lost about 90 pounds.  Kind of feel like an expert on this crap. 
   Cheers
Steve 

Yep shopping takes a little longer when you dont just by cans of food eh?i do the same thing I read EVERYTHING.pm inbound.

Yrys, the foods you listed aren't exactly the best foods to eat, most of them being junk food. Following the food guide will naturally limit your intake of the bad fats and limiting processed food, which also contain a whack of salt. It isn't that hard really to avoid too much of it, but yes you do need to read labels and not just for the trans fat either. There is a cake out there whose list of ingredients for the frosting includes shellac! (yes I understand it is considered edible but still the idea is just wrong somehow.)

shellac?  Wow.....

Rule of thumb: when shopping, stick to the outside of the grocery store.  Most fresh foods are there (still read the labels!!!!)
The aisles are full of crap.  Heck, even my kids know enough to buy 100% fruit juice when they go to the store (it's all about education, not prohibition)

von Garvin said:
shellac?  Wow.....

Rule of thumb: when shopping, stick to the outside of the grocery store.  Most fresh foods are there (still read the labels!!!!)
The aisles are full of crap.  Heck, even my kids know enough to buy 100% fruit juice when they go to the store (it's all about education, not prohibition)

+1

von Garvin said:
shellac?  Wow.....

Yep. Freaked me out when I saw it,
and if it hadn't been chocolate there's no way I would have eaten it ;D

neko said:
and if it hadn't been chocolate there's no way I would have eaten it ;D
You owe me a new monitor!  Mine is covered in Rye and Pepsi now!!!!

von Garvin said:
You owe me a new monitor!  Mine is covered in Rye and Pepsi now!!!!
Hey don't blame me, that's due to your (poor) choice of beverage,
if you'd have been drinking rum and coke your body wouldn't have rejected it. >:D

Here I thought you guys had class  you need to be drinking Crown Royal LOL

There is only one rye whiskey, and that is Alberta Springs, and there is only one acceptable mix.....ice. :tsktsk:

neko said:
Hey don't blame me, that's due to your (poor) choice of beverage,
if you'd have been drinking rum and coke your body wouldn't have rejected it. >:D
Hey, rum, rye, no difference to me.  But, being a non-sailor type (read: Landlubber), I don't know if I'm qualified to drink Rum (Navymich, any comments?)

von Garvin  Just be carefull with Newfie Screech or Newfie Bullets when it comes to Rum  still have bad dreams about those shooters LOL  >:D

Von Garvin  so you  been screeched  than you know about the bad dreams after having to much LOL  Just joking on that one .  But man I am at work right I could use a stiff drink LOL been a long night so far

von Garvin said:
Hey, rum, rye, no difference to me.  But, being a non-sailor type (read: Landlubber), I don't know if I'm qualified to drink Rum (Navymich, any comments?)

You never got rum rations in the field?  Or did you have tea totlling CO's/Brigade Commanders?  Mind you, the crap they gave us tasted like turpentine, so if you didn't get them, you didn't miss much.

MM

von Garvin said:
that's my point EXACTLY neko: the government acting as our collective nanny "because we're too stupid".  Ticks me off

...sometimes, its necessary...

*ahem*

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups:

http://www.ndp.ca

*edit* and Kat, the only whiskey worth drinking is scotch whiskey, and the only scotch whiskey worth drinking is Auchentoshan.. ;)

von Garvin said:
I didn't wear a helmet riding bikes as a kid (though, that may explain some of my actions, but that's another thread), we ate peanut butter sandwiches in school and we didn't have the fat kid in glasses go into shock as a result, we had lawn darts and played with them.  Heck, about the only thing we didn't do was swim within twenty minutes of eating!  Now they say that we can do that!  Go figure!

Out of idle curiosity Von G.... Did you have a goalie on your lawn dart team?????

Back