• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Totally new and looking for advice!

brocku00

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am just starting to look into joining the CF and would like a little advice.  I'll give you a brief background so you can know a little more about me.  First off, I am 33 years old so I'm hoping that age is not a factor when joining.  When I was 16 I joined the reserves and was only in for two years.  After high school, I finished college, university and grad school.  After school, I taught elementary school for 6 years and finally after that I worked for CBSA as a Border Services Officer.  I would like to know where to look for information regarding Officer enrollment and training as well.  Also, can someone tell me what the general timeline is?  I know that anything government takes a long time (CBSA took 12 months from application to first day of training), but approx. how long is it for CF?  I am just curious about the timing because I would like to make sure I have enough time to get into shape (well, better shape then I am in right now).  If the process was quicker than expected than I would just hold off on my application a little but if it's a longer process than I would apply know in anticipation of the wait.  Also, is the application process different for each branch on the millitary....is one faster than the other?
Thank you in advance for any help you could give me and I look forward to your responses.

brocku00, welcome to the boards.

There are several recruiters who browse the forums who can help you but the best advice is to call your local recruitment centre as they will have the newest updates for different trade time lines.

Second best advice is to peruse the recruitment section of this forum.

Bruce
army.ca staff

Thank Bruce for the advice.  I will check out that forum and call a centre as well.

brocku00 said:
First off, I am 33 years old so I'm hoping that age is not a factor when joining.

Google site specific search - site:army.ca older recruit age

brocku00 said:
I would like to know where to look for information regarding Officer enrollment and training as well.

Google site specific search - site:army.ca "join as an officer"

brocku00 said:
Also, can someone tell me what the general timeline is?

Few trades are currently open, the process can take months to years depending on what you are looking for. It is best to consult with your nearest Recruiting Centre.

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________

brocku00 said:
Also, is the application process different for each branch on the millitary....is one faster than the other?

No, it is not faster depending on choice of Army-Navy-Air Force.

Hey brocku00,

As for time lines, you might want to check out The Recruiting Process Section and take a look at the thread titled "Application Process Samples".  The last 10-15 pages are the most recent and outlines how long the process took for various applicants.  Obviously each case is unique, but it might give you a better idea of what to expect.

Good luck!!

Back