• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toughening one's feet.

alcohol? wtf?

Just go out and get some decent socks at Marks Work Warehouse. Get a proper insole to fit. And if you really want to go all out, see if you  can get away with  buying some swats...since your not combat arms you will have them for years and you can use them civy side.

I would not put alcohol on my feet.  that just seems like crazy talk.  You dont want to have tuff feet cause they will get all callus'd up and crack and you will eventually start sticking to carpet like velcro. plus they will get all dirty and smell like ass when the calus's fall off. Pamper you feet with lotion, your feet will thank you. 

Or just do what most people do and suck it up...

work steal toe boots all the time with out work socks
mine are all callused up now and i can walk on stone now with out hardly feeling it

Kevins833 said:
Or just do what most people do and suck it up...
the fact that I got 5 blisters on one foot that were open and sore, and did the 13k anyhow, is sucking it up aplenty. the goal now is to ensure my feet don't get eaten up again. the Marks thing is a good idea, though.

I wear the common two layer sock technique and the same insoles my boots came with. I never have any blister problems with course ruck marches, bfts etc. But I never have had any blister problems in my life. I guess everyone had their downsides. I get poison ivy horribly in the field and live with it, others don't. But I don't get blisters so I guess everyone had their downsides.

Back