• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Two Canadian soldiers injured after Taliban attack

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Two Canadian soldiers injured after Taliban attack
Updated Tue. Mar. 27 2007 6:32 AM ET CTV.ca News Staff
Article Link

Two Canadian soldiers were injured in Afghanistan after their convoy was ambushed west of Kandahar City, in the Zhari district.

The soldiers were travelling in a small convoy of LAV 3 light armoured vehicles just east of Patrol Base Wilson when Taliban fighters began launching rocket-propelled grenades.

The platoon, from the Royal Canadian Regiment battle group, drove through the attack and returned fire.

However, the convoy later drove over a roadside bomb which blew four tires off the LAV.

The military has not released the names or conditions of the wounded soldiers. No other details are available.

Roadside bombs, random rocket attacks and suicide bombers are the most common dangers facing troops as they struggle to bring security to the Kandahar province.

The coalition battles in the Panjwaii last summer killed hundreds of Taliban and forced the insurgency underground.

End

Take care guys, we want you all to come back in one piece, best wishes to the guys hurt, their families and comradres.

Update.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070327/afghanistan_ambush_070327/20070327?hub=World

The platoon, from the Royal Canadian Regiment battle group, drove through the attack but was then hit by a car suicide bomber in an area known as Ambush Alley.

Capt. Matt Allen, the commander of the convoy, praised the response of his soldiers.

"They were brilliant, their performance was outstanding,'' Allen told The Canadian Press.

Sticks on the ice troops, well done!  Speedy recovery for our wounded...

:salute:

Best wishes and speedy recovery troops.

So far this is the second time that I have recognized a name of someone I knew regarding the reports of injured or fallen....I'm glad that this time is was Matt praising the response of his troopies.

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for everyone in the sandbox...may you all come home happy and safe.

Cheers,

CAW

Get well soon soldier  :salute:

Reading that makes the case for wearing all of your PPE I'd say.

Get well soon!!!!

Poor dog but it proves my point all along......there is nothing better for mine/ied detection than the old human Sapper!!!!!!!

Back