• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UNAUTHORIZED DISPOSAL OF COMBAT UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT

Combat Trucker said:
Just found this on ebay....item no is 290281627080

$100 for a set of brand new AR CADPATS?

CT: Before you go on a CADPAT witch hunt, read the fine print on this item......

From the ebay item 290281627080 from info given by CT.

"I am extremely impressed with the quality of the uniform that you sell. I've served 27 years in the Canadian Army (PPCLI) and your version of the combat uniform is by far the best that I've seen.

Furthermore, yours is the only after-market Canadian uniform   that I've seen with the correct double-layer reinforcement of the shoulders, elbows, seat & knees. Likewise, yours is the only version featuring the dust-cuffs on the trouser legs.

All of the above to say that the uniform you sell is heads and shoulders above the competition, including genuine "real deal". I was very pleasantly impressed by the quality of the uniform that I received from you last month and just wanted to share my thoughts with you"

For the record, I know the man who made this comment to this ebay seller.

OWDU

Anybody know this guy??

http://myworld.ebay.ca/harresons-mil/

I think it's an army surplus store in Victoria BC (not sure as I cant access the link at work).  If it's the same, this guy seems to get quite a few items to sell.  One of the few i've ever seen who had brand new jump smocks available at one time.

Overwatch Downunder said:
CT: Before you go on a CADPAT witch hunt, read the fine print on this item......

From the ebay item 290281627080 from info given by CT.

"I am extremely impressed with the quality of the uniform that you sell. I've served 27 years in the Canadian Army (PPCLI) and your version of the combat uniform is by far the best that I've seen.

Furthermore, yours is the only after-market Canadian uniform   that I've seen with the correct double-layer reinforcement of the shoulders, elbows, seat & knees. Likewise, yours is the only version featuring the dust-cuffs on the trouser legs.

All of the above to say that the uniform you sell is heads and shoulders above the competition, including genuine "real deal". I was very pleasantly impressed by the quality of the uniform that I received from you last month and just wanted to share my thoughts with you"

For the record, I know the man who made this comment to this ebay seller.

OWDU

I stand corrected............Didn't know any better.........

MP 811 said:
I think it's an army surplus store in Victoria BC (not sure as I cant access the link at work).  If it's the same, this guy seems to get quite a few items to sell.  One of the few i've ever seen who had brand new jump smocks available at one time.

Well, he even quotes the proper Nato Stock Code and size for a pair of CadPat gloves... the pic is pretty convincing that the kit is real.

Overwatch Downunder said:
.... the only after-market Canadian uniform  that ...
So, it is either not CADPAT or it is a pirate product.

Meaning most likely a digital pattern material without the properties that make our CADPAT(C). See "Wheeler's Creative Bag Solutions" in Fredericton.

BinRat55 said:
Well, he even quotes the proper Nato Stock Code and size for a pair of CadPat gloves... the pic is pretty convincing that the kit is real.

Oh no doubt it is real kit.  Not sure where he gets all this stuff from and I believe the owner is ex reg force.  Im not on the island anymore or id go in and snoop around.

As has been said umpteen times before, If you think something illegal is being done, report it to the proper authorities and let THEM conduct their own investigation.  Muddied waters just make it that much more difficult to get to root of the problem.

GEO - I would only assume that MP 811 is the proper authorities... well, when he was in Esquimalt anyway - I think that is what he was meaning - he would be performing an investigation on this yahoo...

Hey...LOL...did anyone know that "Esquimalt" spell checks to "Asexuality"????

Interesting....

BinRat55 said:
Hey...LOL...did anyone know that "Esquimalt" spell checks to "Asexuality"????

Interesting....

I think this comment constitutes a "thread tangent".

Well, guess what I found on eBay today?

A) Definately NOT an after-market production
B) The description clearly states that it's an original; has been used but is in flawless condition; not a copy.

AR CADPAT, NATO Sizing 7044 (The jacket) and pants are NATO 7034.

I do believe whether this guy was or is a member of the Canadian Forces or not this would be illegal?

(I was actually looking for a Keffiyeh but came across that somehow).

I drive past that store every day to and from work. he has arid cadpat and I have a a fair number of cadpat tw feelce on hangars.

BinRat55 said:
GEO - I would only assume that MP 811 is the proper authorities... well, when he was in Esquimalt anyway - I think that is what he was meaning - he would be performing an investigation on this yahoo...

That Would be correct, and im far from the island now.  I would suggest anyone in the Esquimalt area who is so inclind to stop by the guardhouse in Naden and have a chat with the local military constabulary!

R. Jorgensen said:
Well, guess what I found on eBay today?

A) Definately NOT an after-market production
B) The description clearly states that it's an original; has been used but is in flawless condition; not a copy.

AR CADPAT, NATO Sizing 7044 (The jacket) and pants are NATO 7034.

I do believe whether this guy was or is a member of the Canadian Forces or not this would be illegal?

(I was actually looking for a Keffiyeh but came across that somehow).

The man's name is <Mr. X> and he claims he received them through a Crown Auction and they came up along with scrap material:

"these sets came out with many many more pieces as
scrap textiles.
Through the government auction."

Is it normal or even legal for the Government to sell WHOLE uniforms at a Government auction? This seems a little bit odd.

Indeed, but it's the government. I'm sure there are reasons but then again there always are.

Cheers, Mates

R. Jorgensen said:
The man's name is <Mr. X> and he claims he received them through a Crown Auction and they came up along with scrap material:

"these sets came out with many many more pieces as
scrap textiles.
Through the government auction."

Is it normal or even legal for the Government to sell WHOLE uniforms at a Government auction? This seems a little bit odd.

No, it's not normal. Cadpat uniforms cannot be sold as scrap textiles - period. They must be burned or shredded - this is the only means of legal disposal. Most places are shredding now, as burning could be harmful to the atmosphere. This all being said, this seems to be the excuse in most situations now (was in a scrap textiles triwall which I purchased through a government auction). We supply techs are not perfect by no means, but we have been doing this long enough now to know the difference between the SHREDDING pile and the SALE pile!!!

Back