• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uniform Questions

N

nbk

I suppose this is the correct forum to ask these questions.

When your uniform gets really messed up you have to buy a new one, right?

Is this new one that you spent your own money on yours to keep even after you leave the army? What about the messed up one?

Could you buy another uniform if your original was okay, and keep the one you bought after you leave?

Or can you keep all your uniforms (although I was under the impression that the first one was government property that must be returned)?

What about parts of your uniform, bereits, boots, coats, pink cadpat panties, etc?

I took the purple CADPAT panties.. but that‘s for another discussion.. hehe. Initial issue to regular force Army members is 3 uniforms (pants/shirt) complete, if and when they get worn out, you nake a quick trip to the Quartermaster and they will exchange it for you. you also get 5 pr of underwear, socks, and t-shirts if I am not mistaken. 2pr combat boots, and many other useful clothing items.. all exchangeable. You cannot buy another uniform as "extra" if you lose part of your uniform, you have to submit a loss/damage report and QM will replace it for you, but you will have to pay for it in most cases.

Bzz

Okay good to know, so you can‘t keep anything? I guess they don‘t want a bunch of non army guys running around in CF uniforms, eh?

Does the three uniforms include the dress uniform or would that be four uniforms?

So if you leave the Regular Force and/or Reserves, you cannot keep any of your uniforms or probably not your dog tags/ID tags?

Why would they take back your ID Discs? It‘s not like they can re-issue them.. :p

That makes sense Korus, thanks! :D :eek:

So then all that someone could keep from their military service, would be their ID discs and of course, any military medals they would have been awarded(whether Regular Force or Reserves)?

The DEUs (CFs), you keep everything. But none of it is exchangeable. This is the reason we get the "clothing upkeep allowance) in the RegF.
You are issued 3 sets of combats (4 in ops) and 5 sets of underwear, and everything is exchangeable. When you leave, you keep everything that is "next to skin".
As for footwear, well let‘s see: I have been issued 2 prs of cbt boots, 2 prs of wet weather boots, 2 prs of desert boots, 4 prs of jungle boots, 2 prs of ankle boots, 3 prs of rubber boots, 1 pr of mukluks... (gasp for air...) We‘re the most "booted" Army on the planet!!!

What about "next to skin" items. Nobody will want my briefs whe my @ss is done with them. :blotto:

You can also keep things that you havn‘t signed for. After all, if you didn‘t sign for it, you don‘t have it *wink wink*

Classic example, after basic, in a drunken haze, a whole bunch of people left a lot of kit in the laundry room in Dundurn. Toques, hats, combats, etc. It was quite clear that they‘d go unclaimed, as thier owners had already left to go home and a lot of it fit me.

That‘s the story of why I have 6 pairs of combats, an extra bush cap, toque, thermos, canteen, C9 mag pouch, and camnet... I mean... don‘t have...

**Oh, and don‘t try it on large, important items that will definatly go noticed; trucks, weapons, radios, documents, etc. That‘s asking for a world of hurt.

Jungle, just think, you‘ll also possibly be getting the CADPAT field boots x2. LOL

Out of curiosity, mind telling if your jungle boots are the Vietnam style (green and black) or the all-black type? And did you get all those issued for the Commando crse in Fr. Guyana (IIRC)?

Marauder, soon we will get the hot weather boot, and possibly the CADPAT hot weather boot. Why not CADPAT mukluks for that cold, snowless part of winter, or CADPAT gum boots ??? LOL...
Regarding the jungle boots: in the 80s and early 90s, they issued these and desert boots, and struck them off the clothing docs after. We ended up getting them re-issued every time. I own both the old and new models (we had the old model issued for Guyana, but we found that after about three weeks, the cotton started to rot). Oh and I found one more pair of jungle boots: they are in my "ghillie suit" kit bag... that‘s 5 pairs, and counting !!!

Well Jungle, if you have the Wellco all-black jungles and they‘re size 11W, and you want to get rid of them.... :) And be careful about making suggestions about more mukluks and gumbies on open means... If you check the LFRR website, you‘ll have seen recently what happens when troops talk about kit on open means! :eek:

The desert boots I have are the most comfy pair of footwear I have worn outside of the pricey Nike basketball shoes I had back in high school.

Jungle, you have more pairs of shoes/boots in your closet than my wife, and her nickname is Imelda Marcos!

BTW it‘s amazing what doesn‘t get signed for. I remember them having no record of me signing for a C7 at CTC. Rather embarrasing when I went to turn it in. Told the REMF that if there was no record of it showing me signing it out, ittherefore it didn‘t exist, and I was taking it home.

Up to then he‘d been giving my guys a hard time as they turned in weapons/kit etc. All of a sudden he became a cooperative little fellow.

Question about the boots...

What are the difference between the regular cbt boots that we have now (not the wwb), and the new hot weather boots that we will be issued soon, and the jungle boots, and the desert boots, and any other combat boots that are/were issued?

also, where can i get me a pair of those boots??

Combat boots: plain arsed black leather boot, rubber sole

Jungle Boots: Mostly canvas with leather parts (toe, heel, etc.), with drainage holes in the bottom to let the water out, and speed laces. Usually black leather with black or green canvas.

Desert Boot: Mostly canvas with suede parts (heel, toe, etc.) with speed laces. Tan in colour, all over.

Mukluks: all white, made of canvas and rubber, with a woolen liner.

Wet weather boot: Made of goretex and leather with a thick rubber sole and speed laces. Is lined to make it warmer. Currently all black (will probably be CADPAT soon).

Temperate (or hot) weather boot: Still in trial, deciding on all leather vs. leather/canvas, drainage holes vs. none, CADPAT vs. black, vs. tan, vs. olive green.

the only other kind of boot (to my knowledge) is an engineer boot, which is similar to the regular combat boot, except with a steel toe and steel shank.

Back