• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

I believe that you are eventually going to be sold on logistic unicorn. It's a pretty common pattern. You can find them for sale a few different places. They are generally two different colours

Green: Rifles and Highland Scottish

Blue: Lowland Scottish and pretty much everyone else.
Now there's a parade uniform...

Religious/cultural accomodation request.

I've used that to combine a kilt with the RCN mess kit at dinners.

If some daft bugger can claim Viking to get around life safety equipment laws, the dress manual seems fair game.
Sorry, I was trying to funny.

Religious/cultural accomodation request.

I've used that to combine a kilt with the RCN mess kit at dinners.

If some daft bugger can claim Viking to get around life safety equipment laws, the dress manual seems fair game.
Hmmmm you maybe onto something....

Sorry, I was trying to funny.
Sometimes that still comes up with good ideas by accident! I'd get a black utilikilt made up to wear with my Navy DEUs, because god knows it would be cooler in the summer.

Sometimes that still comes up with good ideas by accident! I'd get a black utilikilt made up to wear with my Navy DEUs, because god knows it would be cooler in the summer.
Won't the sporran not match with the utilkilt? Would you change the headwear to something like a bonnet or balmoral hat?

Won't the sporran not match with the utilkilt? Would you change the headwear to something like a bonnet or balmoral hat?
There are some fairly basic leather ones, but with the utilikilt that comes with pockets the sporran is more of decoration. When I bought mine the guy sold it by saying it could fit a six pack in the side and back pockets.

Would you change the headwear to something like a bonnet or balmoral hat?
Now you've done it mate!!!! A hat debate..... ;)
Rooster Teeth Head Shake GIF by Achievement Hunter

Now you've done it mate!!!! A hat debate..... ;)
Rooster Teeth Head Shake GIF by Achievement Hunter
I don't care. I'm retired. I'll never to have to wear my old worn green beret again, for except Remembrance Day, or forage caps. I don't have ensure that the cap badge is clean and still shiny. I don't have ensure that the head wear is lint free, not misshapen or that the hackle or feather/plumes are in good shape.

Meanwhile for those still serving, you have a choice of berets (in many colours), forage caps, side hats, balmoral hats, bonnets, caubeens, Wolsey helmet, bearskins and whatever will come in the future.

I will, however, raise a glass to all still serving at the Mess, where I'm a greasy long haired associate member. I'll drink to your good health and thank you for still serving.

Cheers

Ta Da!

We need one for "dress" - and because soldiers need something about which to b!tch (who else remembers whitening hooks and badges?) and a garrison dress version 'cause the Yanks had 'em and we always want to copy them.

Attachments

• image-placeholder-title.jpg
    image-placeholder-title.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CASCKC1.jpg
    CASCKC1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2
  • H21944-L294017123_original.jpg
    H21944-L294017123_original.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 2
I don't know why, but I like the Pickelhaube. Perhaps it is the spike or the fact that it can come in many colours. I have no idea if it is comfortable or was it even practical for field use. It provides shade for the top of the head, eyes and the back of the head. In a pinch, I'm sure that the spike can used as a crude can opener.

It should satisfy people who yearn for the European classic look and it meets the diversity requirement as it seems that the British, Germans, Chilean, Peruvian, Swedish and Spanish militaries have used or are still using it.

For Cdn use, we can use a stylized busy beaver, angry Cdn goose or a charging moose on front of the helmet instead of a tired looking eagle.

1696890209635.png
German Reenactors wearing full dress Imperial German uniforms.

1696890313120.png
U.S. Marine Corps, helmet worn from 1892–1904

1696890446474.png
Schuberth Combat helmet at the IWA OutdoorClassics

Attachments

• 1696890131104.png
    1696890131104.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 0
Being a non Army guy, can someone explain where patrol dress would fall in the order of dress ?

Is it mess dress ?

Being a non Army guy, can someone explain where patrol dress would fall in the order of dress ?

Is it mess dress ?

It's 'dress blues', and used to be used as a form of evening dress I believe.

We used to call them 'Number Ones', a step up from the 'Number Twos' we usually wore on parade. They were seldom worn, of course, which didn't preclude you from having to pay for a set.

I see that Logitik Unicorp will be issuing them though, I think?

It's 'dress blues', and used to be used as a form of evening dress I believe.

We used to call them 'Number Ones', a step up from the 'Number Twos' we usually wore on parade. They were seldom worn, of course, which didn't preclude you from having to pay for a set.

I see that Logitik Unicorp will be issuing them though, I think?
Dumb question: If LU will be issuing Patrols, what is the point of the DEU 3 (tunic, shirt and tie)?

For the vast majority of folks, the only time they wear DEU is on parade. So, if Remembrance Day and other parades will be in Patrols, and we don’t wear the DEU tunic much otherwise, why have it or the long sleeve shirt / tie?

Dumb question: If LU will be issuing Patrols, what is the point of the DEU 3 (tunic, shirt and tie)?

For the vast majority of folks, the only time they wear DEU is on parade. So, if Remembrance Day and other parades will be in Patrols, and we don’t wear the DEU tunic much otherwise, why have it or the long sleeve shirt / tie?
Clothing optional office spaces for the win!

I could see it being an option for those with lots of points. The order of dress already exists, so why not make it reasonably available to all members that can wear it?

I also heard rumor a while back that navy high collar white tunics would be added to Clothing Online at some point.

Is it mess dress ?

DEU 3 is service dress. Patrols are a form of ceremonial dress, semi-formal to be exact. Forms of naval whites are a good comparison.

It was something you wore when taking your date out on the town....120 years ago. Not a parade dress (that is full dress) or for mess dinners (that's evening dress).

Not sure who is interested in shelling out a significant chunk of change for a uniform to wear for a few random events. Times have changed.

DEU 3 is service dress. Patrols are a form of ceremonial dress, semi-formal to be exact. Forms of naval whites are a good comparison.

It was something you wore when taking your date out on the town....120 years ago. Not a parade dress (that is full dress) or for mess dinners (that's evening dress).

Not sure who is interested in shelling out a significant chunk of change for a uniform to wear for a few random events. Times have changed.
1C is still a form of "Parade Dress" according to the CA Dress Instructions, 1D is more akin to semi-formal attire.

A large number of Army folk who plan on getting married in uniform opt for No. 1C/D as it is an appropriate Dress for the occasion (as Mess Kit is evening wear and our current Service Dress is an abomination my wife was reluctant to have me wear).

Back