• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Upgrades to Combat Clothing! (pockets on the sleeves & zippers)

The Arid CADPAT that will be issued for the upcoming Feb 06 tour will have pockets on the sleeves. Or so said the Brigadier-General who breifed us today in Shilo.

Most of us have our Cadpat AR already for the tour and there aren't any pockets on the sleeve.  We are as we have said earlier in the thread going out buying our own shirts and doing it ourself.

What I can't figure out, is we have been wearing Flak Jackets for years over seas and we have just started to think about putting pockets on the sleeves of our shirts and making our uniforms work with our equipment.  Geesh, who would have thought.

For any of you with experience in the UNPROFOR days in the former Yugoslavia, when body armour was first needed from stray rounds (ya okay), you must remember in Sector South in Croatia, how hot and humid it got.  Wearing a helmet and flak jacket in that humidity was brutal.  Nothing was said then, probably because the Cyprus mentality had kicked in, to those that made the rules.

It's good we are removing our heads from the antiquated mind sets some have of uniformality, and moving forward to functionality where it counts.

It's just too bad that those who can make a difference are so stuck in the past, they can't realize that this is needed and easing of the leash wouldn't be too bad. 

We finally remembered we are an Army...

Increased exposure to the SOF units is one area I credit

Michael Dorosh said:
That's an excellent idea too; I imagine the green pants have all been shredded by now though....

I agree. Excellent idea. The old OG combats are still around. Most were re-distributed to Cadet Summer Training Facilities to kit out cadets with during their summer courses....

Now that the Cadet movement is looking into CADETPAT for them, perhaps we can attempt to get the OG back into our system rather than have them sold off through CADC as surplus to requirements if the cadets do go with CADETPAT. No need to shred the OG, no controlled technology there. I'd love to have a Brit sweater too!! Makes the chest appear larger I hear!   >:D

Goober said:
The Arid CADPAT that will be issued for the upcoming Feb 06 tour will have pockets on the sleeves. Or so said the Brigadier-General who breifed us today in Shilo.
The shirt will probably be issued without sleeve pockets (no such shirts were issued in Edm).  However, at some point pockets will be sewn into those sleeves and I've read direction from generals that this will happen before deployment on order of the CDS.  Wait & see.

I'm gonna pick up a Frontenac jacket next time I go into New West to use as scraps.
From that, I'll make myself some pockets. I'll post some pictures when I'm done the whole thing.

Matt_Fisher said:
Anybody looking for modified cadpat combats with sleeve pockets pm me as I have a source that should do what you're looking for.

Still waiting.... ;D

Here's our new Combat Top. Sleeve and 2-way accessible chest Pockets, zip front, reinforced elbows with pad pockets, and mandarin collar.

Hobey

Lerch said:
I'm gonna pick up a Frontenac jacket next time I go into New West to use as scraps.
From that, I'll make myself some pockets. I'll post some pictures when I'm done the whole thing.

Would this not defeat the secret squirrel anti-IR properties that is supposed to mark the difference between Frontenac stuff and "real" stuff?

Michael Dorosh said:
Would this not defeat the secret squirrel anti-IR properties that is supposed to mark the difference between Frontenac stuff and "real" stuff?

Doesn't really matter since he's a cadet.

ICE Tactical said:
Here's our new Combat Top. Sleeve and 2-way accessible chest Pockets, zip front, reinforced elbows with pad pockets, and mandarin collar.

Hobey

Hobey, do you buy the material from elsewhere, or do you get it printed yourself?  I'm wondering if there is even a remote possibility to get that (and pants) in NOMEX with the AR pattern printed on it?

Cheers,
Duey

Duey,
We buy from the DND approved mills. I have a request in to them for AR Nomex. I don't know what they have, but if it's available  I'll get it.
Are there any garments currently made for DND out of AR Nomex? I know there has been some work done for flightsuits.

Hobey
hobey@icetactical.com

ps. DND wants us to clearly state that commercial use of the CADPAT prints don't have the IRR treatment.

Looks good Hobey!  Guys were asking about them today.....I'll direct them your way.  BTW the double is being quite well recieved.

MJP,
Thanks. You have the first prototype Double-double. Here's a pic of the CADPAT sample.

Hobey

Ref pockets on the sleeves, and more importantly the approval for said alterations;

I am over at mirage right now. We head north in about a month once the main body hits the ground. Several of us want to modify some of our shirts with the pockets however our local chain of command is not allowing it. Is there any documentation from higher (CDS, or TFA) which states that this is approved? If anyone has any info pm me please. Thanks for the help guys

PhilB said:
Is there any documentation from higher (CDS, or TFA) which states that this is approved?
The modifications are approved.  Doing it yourself is prohibited.

ICE Tactical said:
Duey,
We buy from the DND approved mills. I have a request in to them for AR Nomex. I don't know what they have, but if it's available  I'll get it.
Are there any garments currently made for DND out of AR Nomex? I know there has been some work done for flightsuits.

Hobey
hobey@icetactical.com

ps. DND wants us to clearly state that commercial use of the CADPAT prints don't have the IRR treatment.

ICE Tactical, there is currently not any AR Nomex that I know of...I heard Peerless printed some in TW.  I would personally spend a portion of my foreign service pay from over here to buy some tan Nomex, sent it to get printed with AR, and give it to you to make a couple of sets of AR Nomex (for use as flight gear).  I also don't give a rats about reduced IRR efficiency...there are bigger IR emitters out there...like my melon!  ;D  Seriously, I know somebody at DuPont and will see about doing it...I'm a little sick and tired of having tried to push for this for close to 10 years, only to see a fighter-pilot inspired Canadian variant of the CJU-27C Nomex USAF flightsuit, while tac aviators get the same old OG107 wool-poly blend two-piecer that we had in 1988!!! :mad:

I will try and get a hold of some material to send to you after I redeploy...for now, I wear the USSOCOM monochrome tan Nomex 2-pc flying suit worn by the 160th SOAR(A)...that's nice to have to do that, eh?  ::)

Cheers,
Duey

Back