• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Urban Warfare Demo/Open House

H

humint

DATE: SATURDAY, 31 JAN 2004
TIME: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
COST: FREE

Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada
John Foote Armoury
200 James Street North
Hamilton, ON

OPEN HOUSE and URBAN WARFARE DEMONSTRATION

Are you interested in a career in the Reserve Army, or are you curious about the training we do and the equipment and weapons we use on the modern-day battlefield?

The Argylls will be showcasing all of its equipment, vehicles, weapons, and an urban warfare mock-up complete with an Observation Post and Vehicle Checkpoint.

You can test-out all our weapons, from the C7 to Anti-Armour Missiles, on our battlefield weapons simulator.

Argyll Recruiters will also be on hand to talk about our training, weapons handling, current deployments, and life in the Army.

You will also be able to watch the Argylls conduct Urban Operations training in the Urban Training Environment. Here, you will be able to see how the Army conducts dynamic entries and clears rooms and buildings of threats.

CALL 905-541-ARMY FOR MORE INFO

Websites:

www.sentex.net/argylls
www.ashofc.ca

I‘ll be there. I‘ve always wanted to join the Army.

Yeah, me too!

I can‘t wait to touch the shiny toys!

Humint; I‘m trying to get senior management on board for this at work. Good way to blow off steam and build some teamwork. Promises to be an outstanding day. Barring management participating, any consideration to opening this event up to our northern friends within the community up here? The only weapons they see up here are hunting rifles and shotguns!

Seamus: We already have enough hicks and gun nuts in the unit ... YOU!

More info on the Urban Warfare Demo/Open House at www.sentex.net/argylls

Click on the STAR ICON for the NEW poster.

****, that would fun for me to go too (if just to watch).. but I‘m on ex that weekend.. crap.

Maybe everyone‘s favourite superhero will make an appearence...

I was checking out your site. Not bad.( better than ours)But whats with Rambo (see photos no description) And your Urban photos are all the back of someones head.Didn‘t you guys read the new pam on not stacking troops? You need a new PAFO.But the demos are a blast to run through. My unit is running one in the spring.The Troops love to perform before an audience. Apparently we will have blanks if there is any.

Have you seen our PAFO? Trust me, we don‘t need a new one. And, the website is not put up by the PAFO, it is UNOFFICIAL and done for $hits-and-giggles. I‘m not even sure if the guy who does the website is even in the Army -- I just think he hangs out ‘cause he‘s a bum.

What‘s up with Rambo? C‘mon man, is that rhetorical? Every unit needs Rambo!

The back of someone‘s head is the best place to be -- it means that you won‘t be the first one shot!

What does the new pam say on NOT staking troops?

Originally posted by BOOMER004:
[qb] I was checking out your site. Not bad.( better than ours)But whats with Rambo (see photos no description) And your Urban photos are all the back of someones head.Didn‘t you guys read the new pam on not stacking troops? You need a new PAFO.But the demos are a blast to run through. My unit is running one in the spring.The Troops love to perform before an audience. Apparently we will have blanks if there is any. [/qb]
Boomer what unit are you with?

Ellison:

Grab BG and come into my office on Wed night. I have you guys scheduled for some events and wanted to make sure you guys are OK with the timings.

Ooooooooo!! Anything like the recruiting events in Acton? We‘ll be there with Bell‘s on...

Rambo is a good troop though.

Any jobs for me at the demo sir? ;) Two of my teachers are coming.

(Also, I haven‘t had a chance to make the site design yet... been really busy with homework! Almost exams, so I will have some time then)

Argyll: Yep, P&D are attached to A Coy for the recruiting angle of the event. I‘ll know more by tomorrow night.

They did a run through with the urban ops demo last night. Absolutely brilliant. Dark, complex rooms with simm flying all over the place, kill rooms galour, and music blasting. It all made for a great show.

I‘m going to upload some pics to the website by tonight. Check after 9 PM EST for pics.

www.sentex.net/argylls

Humint: There were 6 attacks last night. The EN FOR always seems to have a knack at "greasing" the officers first, despite the fact that we placed ourselves in the various det‘s. Did you happen to catch the pile of bodies in the last room? At least eight. I was the last man thru and just barely managed to "grease" the last two EN, before I fell to return fire. There were some good points last night as well as opportunity for improvement. A great training aid with plenty of practical lessons and value.

Next week I‘m going to bring a video camera that has nightvision on it, and will try to go through the course or set-up the camera in one of the rooms to get some great action shots.

I‘ll have to rig something up in order to protect the lens, but that shouldn‘t be a problem. I‘ll talk to you, the OC, and 2Ic next week and figure something out.

I could also hide behind your big fat *** -- that way I‘ll never get hit!!!! Yeehaw, that was a good one!

Back