• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Army: What about North Korea?

Ok lets say we had 500,000 troops in Iraq. Of that number only 40,000 - 50,000 would be trigger pullers.
That would leave roughly 450,000 troops in a support role which means we would have more targets for the insurgency as their primary targets have been convoys.

razorguns said:
There is no terrorism in switzerland.

r

Switzerland and Google disagree with you.

In Neutral Switzerland, A Rising Radicalism
Islamic Extremists Newly Seen as Threat
By Craig Whitlock
Washington Post Foreign Service
Thursday, July 20, 2006; Page A14
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/19/AR2006071901795.html

Biological Terrorism and Crisis Management in Switzerland
https://www.rdb.ethz.ch/projects/project.php?proj_id=9078&z_detailed=1&z_popular=1&z_keywords=1

Terrorism remains threat in Switzerland:report
01 June 2007
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200706/01/eng20070601_379816.html

replying to this forum is such a pain.  takes 20 mins to reply one successfully.

1. surge (more troops)
2. shineski asked for more troops

hence - more troops = progress.  but in the beginnning - two armchair generals, rumsfeld and wolfowitz told Gen Shineski to TGFH.

This is not Razorguns making up strategy.  A general, with decades of experience, demanded more troops to secure Iraq.  He was DENIED.  Those two morons are now not leading the war, and the war is lost.

Put 2 and 2 together.

In order to win this, we need another 400,000 troops and to be there for the next 20 years.  No way Americans are going to pay for that.

This 'let's bail and run before the election' withdrawal crap i keep hearing pisses me off. 

Yeah let's set a 'surrender date'.  That'll show those terrorists.

r

You are all over the map. The war is lost.... but if put another 400,000 troops we can win. This may come as a shock to you,but the surge is working and we are winning. To dare over 19,000 tango's are dead and thousands more are in prison. We have been able to get former enemies to join us in the struggle against AQ. Alot more work is ahead of us taking down the pro-Iranian militias. As the IA becomes more capable we will be able to draw down our forces. I do agree that we will be in country for a long time, but as protectors and not occupiers.

razorguns said:
replying to this forum is such a pain.  takes 20 mins to reply one successfully.

There was a site back-up occuring during the time when you were posting this response. The lag seems to have disappeared now.

Vern
The Milnet.ca Staff

tomahawk6 said:
You are all over the map. The war is lost.... but if put another 400,000 troops we can win. This may come as a shock to you,but the surge is working and we are winning. To dare over 19,000 tango's are dead and thousands more are in prison. We have been able to get former enemies to join us in the struggle against AQ. Alot more work is ahead of us taking down the pro-Iranian militias. As the IA becomes more capable we will be able to draw down our forces. I do agree that we will be in country for a long time, but as protectors and not occupiers.

if 30,000 = success

300,000 = win

Gen Shineski said this YEARS AGO before Rumsidiot ignored him.

Our job is to win.  All Bush and his general-wannabees have done since day 1 is handcuff and restrict the military from doing it's job.

Now they want to place a 'surrender date'.  and 3,700 lives will have been in vain.

r

Politicians always tell generals what to do. This was not something that just started or is an aberration from the normal state of affairs. Razorguns, you still haven't answered my question about 9/11. Is it your opinion that the United States is responsible for the attacks of 9/11?

regards, Mark

Red 6 said:
Politicians always tell generals what to do. This was not something that just started or is an aberration from the normal state of affairs. Razorguns, you still haven't answered my question about 9/11. Is it your opinion that the United States is responsible for the attacks of 9/11?

regards, Mark

that i don't buy the *official* explanation that we were attacked simply cuz mean bad saudi's in far away countries don't like our suvs, plasma tv's and policies.  and they're bored.

chomsky has written some great books on this subject on what really led up to 9/11 and why we were picked, and not switzerland, or england or japan. 

i guess Canadian politicians didn't buy the white house's version either, and said 'you're on your own' when it come to iraq.  people don't understand, a democratic iraq would've shaken the entire ME and transformed it.  Iraq war has nothing to do with 9/11.  Democratic peaceful stable iraq would've been great for us too.  Too bad Rumsidiot f'd it up when he told Shineski to buzz off.

r

Back