• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US authorities seize old private F-14 jets

Lots of phony information coming out of Iran lately.  Just saw an article from an very unreliable source that the Russians were selling 250 Su 30 Fighter Bombers and 20 Tankers.

http://patdollard.com/2007/07/27/russias-largest-arms-deal-in-30-years-iran-buys-250-fighter-bombers/   

Jammer said:
The silence is deafening...

Thats because CASR has its own set of issues and hair-brained solutions........typical SFU crap

It looks as though it has a twin tail...interesting nonetheless.

CDN Aviator said:
Thats because CASR has its own set of issues and hair-brained solutions........typical SFU crap

See Janes All The Worlds Aircraft 1990-91
Either way it would appear no amount of evidence will satisfy errors in your position.

Jammer said:
Either way it would appear no amount of evidence will satisfy errors in your position.

Listen,

The only thing i did was dispute your assertion that the CF-18 was "off the shelf".......we both agree that they were not.

Wikki & CASR are both suspicious sources. One because anyone can edit any article and the other because the organization behind it has alot of axes to grind.

Evidence of what ? That i was right ?

George Wallace said:
Lots of phony information coming out of Iran lately.  Just saw an article from an very unreliable source that the Russians were selling 250 Su 30 Fighter Bombers and 20 Tankers.

If its phony, its a highly propogated phony story.  It appears in quite a few on-line blogs, sites of interest and news sites, but appears to have originated from an Israeli paper, the Jeruselum Post, on 30 July.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/07/navy_iran_fighters_070730w/

Not to mention you're using a book 17 years old for some of your information.....

CDN Aviator said:
Listen,

The only thing i did was dispute your assertion that the CF-18 was "off the shelf".......we both agree that they were not.

Wikki & CASR are both suspicious sources. One because anyone can edit any article and the other because the organization behind it has alot of axes to grind.

Evidence of what ? That i was right

Interesting though you fail to dispute Janes.
I do agree with you wholeheartedy ref Wiki and CASR, not the best by far. But once I got home I dug into my Janes yearbooks and got the straight poop.

Jammer said:
Interesting though you fail to dispute Janes.

I have great respect for Jane's and all its asociated publications. But the simple fact remains that they also have their inacuracies.

This doesnt change anything i have said Re: CF-18s.......

Guys

Unless you have access to the Manufacturer's vaults, you will never get the "straight poop".  Even Jane's has been wrong.  They are all commercial publications, in the business of selling Arms.  Actual 'specifications' are never really published for Security reasons.  All you can get is the best guesstimate, from the most reliable of sources.  Yes!  Usually that is Jane's  or the technician you know who actually works on the kit.  

(Beat to the punch by some aviator guy....  ;D )

GreyMatter said:
If its phony, .......

I didn't say it was phony.  I said it was from a very unreliable source.  A lot of phony news/propaganda is coming out of Iran lately and perhaps this could be some.  It is really quite beyond credibility in my eyes that 250 Su 30's could be delivered to Iran.  Does Russia have that many in Service now?  Can it manufacture that many in a short period of time?  All questions that raise my doubts as to the authenticity of the story.

George Wallace said:

http://patdollard.com/2007/07/27/russias-largest-arms-deal-in-30-years-iran-buys-250-fighter-bombers/    

Nothing in Janes Defence Weekly as of yet....

Back