• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Harris still in her basement not answering questions. Her new thing is wearing EarPods. Disgrace.
I had to look up what you were referring to.

So why does Harris seemingly refuse to use more modern headphones? It appears her aversion to the technology is security-related.

Bluetooth has many known vulnerabilities. And if there’s anyone who should be concerned about exploitable vulnerabilities, it’s the Vice President of the United States.

In fact, the vice president’s concerns are so well known that she was labeled “Bluetooth-phobic” by POLITICO in 2021.

Aides of Harris at the time reportedly even described her as “a bit paranoid,” but given recent intrusions by state actors against both Republican and Democratic 2024 campaigns, the caution is not without reason.

So the idea that Harris suddenly began using wired headphones on Monday is false.

Whether she wore her headphones this week to avoid speaking to the press, however, is unknown. Harris has been criticized for how little she has spoken to the media since President Joe Biden dropped out of the 2024 race.
Huh.

It appears that Lichtman has made his prediction.

Interesting model lol

Last edited:
The Republicans who care about Dick Cheney's vote are already mostly not voting for Trump. They don't have to get behind another Republican administration (consider the federal judicial nominees alone) but voting for the most progressive Democratic ticket to date is not really a conservative path. They can protest that it's not all about their being kicked to the curb, but the realignment of voters in the US is real (albeit perhaps temporary) and someday they'll have to decide how many election cycles they can go on trying to tear down Republican fortunes before they have to admit they're not really Republicans anymore - even if they feel like "the party left me" rather than "I'm taking my ball and going to play with the other team if I can't be the captain".

They appear to think it’s a more conservative path than voting for someone with profound disregard for democratic norms like the lawful and peaceful transition of power when you lose an election.
Some of these are lifelong card carrying conservatives with that in their DNA.

I wonder if Liz Cheney might be a republican that Harris brings onto her team…

Some of these are lifelong card carrying conservatives with that in their DNA.

I wonder if Liz Cheney might be a republican that Harris brings onto her team…
That would be an interesting move. Some sort of executive appointment perhaps?

They appear to think it’s a more conservative path than voting for someone with profound disregard for democratic norms like the lawful and peaceful transition of power when you lose an election.
I suspect some other Big Name Republicans will be dropping this bomb in the next few weeks as well...

The picture of who-is-eroding-democracy is a lot broader than one event lasting a few hours on one day that obstructed a necessary formal, but also performative, step in certifying what was already known.

Much more threatening to democratic norms are contemporary flavours of censorship attempted by politicians and bureaucrats, indifference to border security, constant pushback against common-sense voting controls, threats (including "you'll be sorry" variations) against justices, and the substantial abdication of the curiosity and insistent digging that the establishment media used to exhibit.

Strange times when the right shows complete disregard for military service, against keeping Russia at bay, loses their law and order agenda, suddenly wants to have publicly funded programs like IVF and weird stuff like like Project 2025 get any traction.

Traditional GOP types see more in common with the Dems than with MAGA. That’s telling.

The picture of who-is-eroding-democracy is a lot broader than one event lasting a few hours on one day that obstructed a necessary formal, but also performative, step in certifying what was already known.

Much more threatening to democratic norms are contemporary flavours of censorship attempted by politicians and bureaucrats, indifference to border security, constant pushback against common-sense voting controls, threats (including "you'll be sorry" variations) against justices, and the substantial abdication of the curiosity and insistent digging that the establishment media used to exhibit.
I’m only partly talking about Jan 6th. I’m also talking about his months-long campaign to try to pervert justice and defeat the lawful results of the election. You know, the stuff he’s charged for both state and federally, the schemes fraudulent electors are getting convicted and sentenced for and that several of his lawyers are no longer lawyers over? The dozens of vexatious and bad-faith legal actions his side universally lost? The attempts to pressure state executives to turn the election results in their states in his favour? Nor do I accept your blithe dismissal to try to get his Vice President to illegally block or delay the certification of the election. That’s a huge deal, but if you don’t believe me, just look to what Pence himself has said, and his rejection of Trump.

Your contention that there are bigger threats to democratic norms in the U.S. than Trump’s concerted and repeated attempts to defeat the will of the electorate is absolutely laughable. While there are absolutely a myriad of other threats, they pale in comparison to what he attempted and nearly achieved.

Back