• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

V1-V5 vision system for recruitment

CookingDance

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a student applying for the military co-op program and I have stumbled upon a road block. I had passed all my testings except for my last test which was my vision test. I have completed the vision testing at the recruitment center but the warrant officer had told me that I had v4 vision= I can not join armoured reconnaissance because they require V3 vision but he had also said that the testing is inaccurate and I have a chance for being in the V3 category but I do not understand the system so I would like to ask if anyone knows which category my eyesight falls into.

My eyesight: Uncorrected vision= Right 6/21  Left 6/18
                    Best Corrected vision (Using Specs)= Right 6/6  Left 6/6

Do I have what it takes to be in the military?

You asked the question in another thread, don't need to ask it again
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31590/post-1070471;topicseen#msg1070471

I can't answer if your vision is V3 or V4, but if you are V4 theres other trades you can get into.

Ask your recruiter what trades are available to people with a V3 or V4. The only person who can discuss YOUR medical condition with you is the doctor who screens you because YOUR RECRUITER IS NOT QUALIFIED TO GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE! *shocker*. Also, doctors are super busy because there is one doctor who screens everybody. Make sure you know what you're asking him. Also:

Ask if you can take the vision test again,

Ask your family doctor if you can take the same test,

If you wear glasses, keep them off for a couple of hours before you do the test.

Well, did you see an optometrist - anyone V3 or greater on the screening test has to have an optometric screening and bring in their refraction, as the chart is only really a screening test.  If you've got a really high myopia, you could be anywhere from V3-5 depending on the Rx for your lenses.  If you're visual acuity is what you say it is, you're a V3, not 4, unless your Rx is pretty wicked.

Prototype - stay in your lane...a family doc can't rescreen visual stuff for recruiting - has to be an optometrist or ophthalmologist, since the refraction is required.  The Snellen chart is just a screening test.

MM

Back