• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vernon

Has anyone heard of any dates or positions filled for staff cadets for VAC? I heard the paperwork is supposed to be in the mail now, so I expect people should get them sometime next month  ;D
Thanks!

Well, I made D&C. I really wanted to make staff for my last year, but I guess it's better then not getting accepted.

So I got my movement orders. I'll be arriving at the Kelowna airport at about 2am Sunday morning, meaning I'll get to Vernon by about 3am Sunday morning. Last year I arrive in the middle of the day, this time the middle of the night. Joy, too bad my return home isn't really later as well, I'm one of the first serials to leave again. God I miss Vernon.

anyone happen to know a contact someone to arrange me staffing somewhere after my exchange?

I'm a civvie and I used to live near Vernon (I live in Ontario now) and I used to go past not in Vernon summercamp and I miss it, luckily I might be joining army cadets but becuase I would join a unit in Ontario I don't think I would get the chance to go back to Vernon. :crybaby:

Buschgirl427 said:
For all of the work we do as staff cadets, we dont really get acknowledged for what we do, but we dont care. The fact that our hard work was paid off in the sense that our cadets had learned so much from us, and they had a blast at camp. This was reward enough for me.

What year did you do staff? our hard work was paid off with 4,000 ish for 7 weeks of work.  I staffed D coy 2003 and we wern't there for the cadets, we were there for the money and our friends who were there. 

Ridgeline said:
What year did you do staff? our hard work was paid off with 4,000 ish for 7 weeks of work.  I staffed D coy 2003 and we wern't there for the cadets, we were there for the money and our friends who were there.

The post you replied to is 4 years old, and the member hasn't been here since 2008....

I know, that doesn't mean that someone else on the threads wont see it or comment on it, you did. 

You are correct, the first part of the question was, however, the rest of the question which can clearly be seen was a general observation to everyone who has done staff... which can clearly be seen by the absence of a question mark following the first question mark.  Therefore the second part of my statement is not only a separate sentence, it is a separate comment all on itself.  Other than subject manner, it does not connect the second observation to the question I asked. 

Either way, I am not going to argue the syntax of my observation ... I was attempting to open discussion, which apparently you guys do not want on this thread other then to belittle people who attempt to open debate and discussion

Back