• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Volunteering for OSISS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchez9295

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I wasn't able to find my answer in the search.

Is it mandatory to have previous experience if you want to volunteer for OSISS? And if so, are there any other support groups (in the Toronto area) that allow civvies to help out? I'm just kinda sick of whining and moaning about everything that's wrong with the system and the shitty treatment veterans receive, and I want to actively do something about it to show my support and make some sort of positive difference.

Patchez9295 said:
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I wasn't able to find my answer in the search.

Is it mandatory to have previous experience if you want to volunteer for OSISS? And if so, are there any other support groups (in the Toronto area) that allow civvies to help out? I'm just kinda sick of whining and moaning about everything that's wrong with the system and the shitty treatment veterans receive, and I want to actively do something about it to show my support and make some sort of positive difference.

OSISS is Peer support.

Peer being someone who has served, and has been diagnosed with an OSI.

The Family Resource Centre in Toronto, and Various legions are looking for volunteers, unless you qualify for the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back