• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voting at BMQ/SQ

Northern Touch

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a quick one.

Many of us are travelling to different bases around Canada for our BMQ and SQ's and even BIQ (now DPsumthing or other) and some of us, such as myself and everyone in 32bde will be leaving on the 26th. We start basic on the 28th, but that is also election day.  I know basic will be a busy time and everything, but I'm guessing they will still make time and space for us to vote won't they?  Only problem is not many of us will be registered to vote in the Meaford area, so does anybody know how all that will be solved by any chance?

It might be a good idea to look into where you can do an 'advance poll' vote. It probably takes place a week before the 28th.

K.

Good question, I was just thinking about that exact same thing to myself today.. hopefully we can get something sorted out, which I am sure we will. What unit are you in and what is your selected MOC? :)

I think you can even vote by mail now. you have to visit the website and order the form, but you may have time before the election to get that done.

I've already voted.

I'll be out of town next week until after the election is over, so I called up Elections Canada today. (the local number should be on the card you received in the mail).  They told me to come on down, so I did.  I had to fill out a form, then I got the ballot, went behind the box, and wrote the name of the candidate I'm voting for on the line.  Fun stuff. 

If you got a voter registration card in the mail, it will say when/where the advance polling is in your riding.

This was discussed at LFCA HQ last week.  Teh CF is nmandated to provide voting opportunities for Rsg F and Cl B pers, who vote in advanced polls in their "home" riding - ie the one that you have selcted to vote in.  It is not so mandated for Cl A Res.  Election day falls on the first day of the vast majority of courses in Meaford this year, and you will not have an opportunity to vote in Meaford.  You will have to vote at an Advance Poll.

On the backside of your Voter Information Card should be an Advance Voting Days section with 2 or 3 days, and a specific location to vote, or you can mail it obviously, heh, no excuses for tossing your vote away, we just need to be a little more organized

Thanks for the replies guys.  I got my registration card in the mail and I now have the times and dates for the advanced polls.

my advance polling is only the 18 19 20

and as for other ways you can vote in person or mail in your vote no later then tuesday june 22 6:00pm

Call  18662986226 for the mail election canada office.

The in-person voting is pretty slick, and I'd recommend it to anybody who thinks they may be unable to make the advance polling and the regular election polls.  Like I said earlier, I voted on the 11th, and I was expecting an interrogation ("Why can't you make it?!?"), but it was nothing like that.  I just walked in, filled out the very short form, and voted.  It was so easy that nobody has any excuse not to vote.

Back