• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wall of Remembrance

63 Delta

Inactive
Reaction score
I got a call from my inlaws today saying they were contacted by http://www.worassociation.ca. She didnt know if it was legit so called me. Ive never heard of them, but doesnt mean its not real. It sounds like a good project, but Id like confirmation from someone else that this is a legitimate association working in the best interests of our fallen.

Thanks guys

Never heard of it, but it looks legit to me... If it has a charity receipt, then you cal contact the government and ask.

Anybody know anything about this association besides what they put no their website?

30 September 2010 - Kingston EMC Article (PDF)

Organizers said the memorial will not likely have all of the some-117,000 names physically etched on
it
, such a project would likely be too large to build. Right now the idea is to have a "virtual component"
to it.

Cottrell said the association visions a monument in which the names of various wars are written on a
panel. The visitor would then touch the panel and have the ability to search names electronically.

So, they want to collect 4 to 5 million in donations to build an outdoor internet kiosk?

How will they decide who makes the cut for engraved names and who only gets a mention in the "virtual component"?

Back