• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Feedback from C6 gunners from there time in Afghanistan.

421 EME

Inactive
Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on the use of teaser bags on the C6's in Afghanistan. I know that there were not that many in use and the ones that we did have we got from the British and US forces. I would like to know what you thought of them and if you did not have one, do you think it would have been useful for you?

If you have one, bring it. Most,  if not all, guys go with a teaser belt which can be a huge pain in the rearwithout the bag. I don't think we had any issued, but I could be wrong....anyways  if you have access to one I am sure you will use it.  It's a lot easier than having a belt wrapped around the gun, that's for sure.

I also give thumbs up to a teaser belt .  and keeper clean.. a dust brush  ie shave brush is also a good idea... :salute:

For a dismount infantry, It is bang on. no complaints what so-ever, I would even liked to have a couple of them (use them like mags)

When you run out of a teaser belt it is difficult to reload and move it breaks alot.  If i were to ever go back overseas i would have 1 on the Gun and 2 spares handy, as well as some belts as spare ammo.

hope that helps :)

Thanks for your feed back guys, my next question is do you think The CF should buy 50 round ready bags for the C6 for use in Afghanistan?

Have you checked out lightfighter.net? There is a ton of info on that forum and the US uses the same gun. I recall that many of the SAW gunners use the 100rnd nutsacks on their LMG's. They would carry 4 on their vest instead of two 200rnd boxes...

COBRA-6 this ammo pack is not for the SAW (M249), its for the M240B.

Well aware of that, I should have been more clear. The part about the SAW nutsacks was in response to Kevins833 post about using multiple teaser bags (for the C6) as mags, how many SAW gunners run their gun using that concept with the nutsacks. Different gun, similar idea.

cheers,
C-6

Back