• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted- M203 vertical grip

logos

Inactive
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a M203 vertical grip, like the one found here, http://www.m203grip.com   

Well, order that one then.  And try it out, and tell us how it is so we know if it works, or if it's crap. 
I may give it a shot myself. 

Kendrick said:
Well, order that one then.  And try it out, and tell us how it is so we know if it works, or if it's crap. 
I may give it a shot myself. 

Apparently they cost $300 from that site, which is why I'm on an internet forum's buy/sell area trying to buy a used one. But thanks for your useful suggestion; I never though of ordering one from the site of a link I posted  ::)

Ah yes the wiseass cracks.  Indeed I opened the door for that one.  But I did mean to know from people who used it to tell us how they actually work (including you if you get one).  So take it easy.

I don't know if it's THAT model, but from people who used a similar grip, I've heard they feel cheap and flimsy.

Well, quick email, quick reply.  They are distributed in Canada through R.  Nicholls. Gov. Sales.

Here's what they have to say:

P/N: 71G710
Description: RM EQUIPMENT M203 Grip, Tactical Handle
Unit cost: $315.00

P/N: 71G730
Description: RM EQUIPMENT M203 Grip, Tactical Handle, Tactical Light
Unit cost: $475.00

Note 1: based on testing at the Infantry School at CFB Gagetown, the Classic Handle was not recommended as it is too long;  which is why we have sent you this quote for the Tactical Handle.

Note 2: if you place an order, it must be delivered to a Military address as it is a Controlled Goods Item under the CGRP.

Note 4: if you place an order, an electronic copy of a DSP-83 form (End User Certificate) will be required and must be signed by an Authorized DND representative at NDHQ and must then be returned to our head office for processing.

I'm guessing perhaps some people managed to get it "issued", or paid for by their units.  I'm also interested in it, if anyone did manage to pay for them, and have them used and want to sell them.  Logos has shotgun on it obviously. 

Ranger Joes has the Tactical Handle for @243 USD.
Not sure if they ship to Canada -- I know they ship to APO's

i found some at a a tactical shop, ill try finding  the link
have u tried ebay?

NL_engineer said:
Hey Matt, when will you be stocking forword grips ???

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised CP gear hasn't gone into the tactical accessories market more... I know it's not exactly up their current alley, but it's an obvious route to go down.

NL_engineer said:
Hey Matt, when will you be stocking forword grips ???

Not likely going to happen for consumer sales, as the grips are considered a controlled good and as such are prohibited for sale to the general public.  Additionally, the $300 price tag makes it pretty pricy for the individual soldier to pay, so I don't think we'd move enough to warrant bringing them in.  Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Matt_Fisher said:
Not likely going to happen for consumer sales, as the grips are considered a controlled good and as such are prohibited for sale to the general public.  Additionally, the $300 price tag makes it pretty pricy for the individual soldier to pay, so I don't think we'd move enough to warrant bringing them in.  Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

how about just the forword grips for a C7, and the mountable rail ???

Possibly down the road, however we've got alot on our plate right now with redoing our modular tactical nylon products, working on 2 new backpack designs, some new clothing items, a new 2007 retail catalog, and a trans-Canada sales trip.

Kevin,

Ive searched all of Ranger Joes site but I cant seem to find the M203 grip. Perhaps I am just fucked  ??? Do you happen to have a link?

Thanks

Matt_Fisher said:
Didn't read the first post in the thread, did you?   ;)

Hmmm... it appears as though I missed it the first time...  My bad.

Sometimes I think some of the shrapnel hit my head and no one noticed.

Given that there seems to be only the one company offering the M203 vertical grip and the fact that it is $300-$400, I was thinking:
- can any one think of a way to secure a rail system to the bottom of the M203 barrel?
My main concern with this is obviously stability/durability and that it may make the handle come down too far below where the handle would sit with an authentic M203 vert grip.
My Coy was issued rail systems and vertical grips about a week ago. So if I could fasten the rail system to the M203 some how, it could potentially save those of us issued the M203s a lot of money!

:cdn:

There is no way to attach an rail system to the bottom of the M203 as the "bottom" is the barrel. Either dont use a grip or cough up the money and purchase one. Another option is to try and get one machined, although I would say that it would be an equal cost.

PhilB said:
There is no way to attach an rail system to the bottom of the M203 as the "bottom" is the barrel.

... I hope you know I wasn't talking about a configuration that involved any sort of screwing of the rail system to the barrel!

Ya, I know, but what other way is there to attach a rail underneath the M203? The only option is for something to wrap around the barrel of the 203, i.e. the M203 grip. Other than you are pretty much fucked. What company are you in? Come see me tonight and I can give you more details, just pm me

Back