• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted to know if there is female who's going for Infantry trade????

Your right in saying that there are such few of them that when they get out it seems more so then say the number of guys that do 3 and out.

Hey ! I'm back from Basic in St-Jean...I made it pretty good, with good and awesome scores on all my tests and exams.  But I finished Basic and decided to change trade...no more Infantry for me...yes, really not fr me, I'm crazy enough for it, that's not the problem...the problem is that I'M too petite for it...crappp....
I have to get my release and re apply in the trade I want to join, Traffic Tech. it will be, sweet.
So it will take 3 months (till Feb.) to get out of here (I'm at Val-Cartier, pretty boring bcse I don't know anyone here...I'm at the 504 and I'm, of course the only female in the building...lol.one out of 82 men...lol).
Then I have to wait 6 months fr my application :crybaby:
But I will be back soon..... >:D
cheers
Pte.Audet391
P.S. I know its HUA, but since I'm not in the US Army, I prefer my little HOUAH!!!! ... :salute:

I'm pretty sure you don't have to release to do a OT.. talk to your section/plt commander about doing a OT they should have all the info you need on how to do it, or be able to get the info.

Anyways, HUA = Heard Understood Acknowledged.    US Soldiers say HOOAH

Theres also Oo-rah, the war cry of the US Marines.

And yeah, there are alot of smaller guys that have a harder time too. When I did SQ, i was about 125-130lbs and I almost wrecked my back on one particular ruck march... another km or two and im sure I would have torn something. The pain was excruciating but when I had it checked out they said it was just really really strained.... I personally blame my platoon commander at the time, who was the kind of guy to try his damndest to break the smaller guys or anybody who displayed any kind of weakness whatsoever.

Theres no training value in giving certain people harder times in an attempt to break their will, but im not going into that can of worms again.
I think he was fired shortly after, when higher ups found out he was running troops into the ground to feed his own ego of being hardcore or something, instead of giving them training and valuable PT.

Im curious to some comments some of you made, a couple by paracowboy in particular about your body failing you. Ive only been doing this part time, some full time on and off etc for a little over two years, but im going to assume you mean that doing all this strenuous activity on your body for years and years eventually causes you to fall apart physically? Or did you have some kind of recurring injury....

I hear alot about guys being in the infantry for a while and by the time they get out their bodies are all batterred and smashed up.How much of this is truth and how much is exaggeration? I would like to do this for a living, but Im not to keen on the idea that some day ill force myself out simply because my body is all used up.  :-\

Mack674 said:
Theres also Oo-rah, the war cry of the US Marines.

And yeah, there are alot of smaller guys that have a harder time too. When I did SQ, i was about 125-130lbs and I almost wrecked my back on one particular ruck march... another km or two and im sure I would have torn something. The pain was excruciating but when I had it checked out they said it was just really really strained.... I personally blame my platoon commander at the time, who was the kind of guy to try his damndest to break the smaller guys or anybody who displayed any kind of weakness whatsoever.

The moral of the story is not to display weakness (or be weak)  ;)

Theres no training value in giving certain people harder times in an attempt to break their will, I think he was fired shortly after, when higher ups found out he was running troops into the ground to feed his own ego of being hardcore or something, instead of giving them training and valuable PT.

I'm curious how you know what has trg value and what does'nt, being in the military for such a short time.
Also, if you don't push yourself until you break, you will never know how far you can go. Ergo, this platoon commander did the pushing for you, so that you would be able to find out.

Im curious to some comments some of you made, a couple by paracowboy in particular about your body failing you. Ive only been doing this part time, some full time on and off etc for a little over two years, but im going to assume you mean that doing all this strenuous activity on your body for years and years eventually causes you to fall apart physically? Or did you have some kind of recurring injury....

I hear alot about guys being in the infantry for a while and by the time they get out their bodies are all batterred and smashed up.How much of this is truth and how much is exaggeration? I would like to do this for a living, but Im not to keen on the idea that some day ill force myself out simply because my body is all used up.   :-\

If you are unable/unwilling to push yourself all the time, I doubt you really want to do this for a living. Furthermore, not to hammer on you too much, but if you found that a militia SQ "almost wrecked you", you should probably consider another trade. The courses only get harder, longer and with more c0ck. Then you hit the Bn, where 80lbs + rucksacks are the norm, usually more when in the field.

It is true that alot of guys are pretty banged up after several years in the infantry. Alot of guys are fighting fit into their 40s too. I find that in this trade, you either have the "bod" for it or you don't. If you don't, you can work for it (I did) but you just postpone the inevitable. Eventually, we all break. It's just a matter of time.

Mack,
to answer your question: my body is failing me because it was struck by a moving automobile travelling at a high rate of knots. Shortly after impact the vehicle was fully at rest, while my body was travelling at a high rate of knots. Physics in action.

HeavyDuty,
well done.

Everybody,
we don't say "hoo-ah", "hua", or "oo-rah".

Para, that really sucks and im sorry to hear that  :(.

Go!!! :

Its not that I am unwilling to push myself, I do as much as possible. I just would like to do the job for as long as possible, and I know I wouldnt be happy after im in my mid-late 30s and im just too beat up to do it anymore.

It wasnt the SQ course that almost wrecked my back, it was just one particular ruck march where the platoon commander decided to give the three smallest guys in the platoon alot more gear to carry than anyone else.I think I could handle it alot better now than I could then, im about 25lbs heavier and in alot better shape... but I didnt see the training value in doing that.Instead of trying to even out the platoons gear amongst the troops, he gave as much to us as would fit on our bodies, and dispersed the rest evenly. Another troop smaller than I was, had a c6 + lots of ammunition and a pick as I recall.

It was the same few guys all course, and some other guys expressed the same concerns as did amongst ourselves.
Regardless, we all finished the course and that march and nobody was crippled.Of course we should all be able to perform to the same high standard, but we definately werent imagining things when it seemed like all the smallest guys were carrying the heaviest kit every day.Maybe he felt we had something more to prove?

Peronsally, I actually enjoy the courses and leaders that push us all to ridiculous lengths mentally and physically.I like the challenges and while they suck for the duration, when the tasks are completed the satisfaction is something I can't get anywhere else.What I dont enjoy is a somewhat difficult course, where 3 or 4 guys are being treated as though they have to perform at twice the standard to be equal with everyone else for no clear or explained reason.It just sends the wrong message to the troops.... if we're going to carry a c6 and a crapload of ammo and entrenching materials, then everyone on the course should have to do it at some point.

When you say that we all break eventually, do you mean because of the job, or because eventually because of age ?
I dont expect to be able to hump 100lb rucksacks through the jungles and deserts of the world well into my 60s of course.... I think i will have probobly had my fill when its time to put the boots away anyway.

swanita said:
be prepared to be put extremely to the test by all that male testosterone BS.

Funny - that "male testosterone BS" is precisely why men are naturally better suited, generally, for the infantry than women (see next quote below). It's about as "BS" in the context of the infantry as female estrogen is "BS" in the context of mothering. If its social manifestations are "BS" to someone, I'd suggest they pursue a different trade as the overwhelming majority of the infantry is composed of males possessing "BS testosterone". ::)

Heavy_Duty391 said:
I finished Basic and decided to change trade...no more Infantry for me...the problem is that I'M too petite for it

Case in point.

Back