• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warm Weather Testing?

ChrisBaker

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm going into AVS tech and I have a friend in there as well. He told me about warm weather testing? Apparently you get to go to Spain, Hawaii, etc..., and test aircraft in warm weather? Is this some dream of his, or is there any truth to it? Also, what are the chances of someone actually getting to do it?

If you are posted ( not the use of "IF") to one of the test and developement units ( AETE, HOTEF, LATEF, MP&EU) then this is well within the job description.  That being said, to the best of my knowledge, these units do not take new technicians within their ranks.

Besides that, to go to places like Spain, Hawaii or anywhere else in the world for that matter, you can do that in any CF flying unit, not just the test ones.

Keep in mind that for every warm location that these aircraft are tested, there are probably twice as many cold-soak tests...  Hmmmm.... Yellowknife in Feb.

Back