• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do the reserves do on tour?

canucksfan250

Inactive
Reaction score
I am going to be joining the infantry reserves but before i join I would like to know what exactly I would be doing if i volunteered to go ona  tour?  Thanks!

It depends on the tour you deploy on; the rank you deploy in; the postition you deploy in... in short, just like a Regular Force member, you'll do the job you're given, which very likely will change several times between the day you start your preparations and the day you return from tour.

You won't get paid for your first few months working with the reg force.

You'll probably spend 12 months living in a room with 8 or 9 guys that's designed for 4doing work up training.

You'll go overseas for 6 months and do the same job as the regular force.

You'll get home and apply to the reg force, apply for college/university or go on unemployment and look for the next class B tasking with the reserves.

C.G.R said:
or go back to your regular civilian life?

I'm guessing the OP is a younger fellow, I didn't think recommending they go back to video games and sleeping in as a good idea  ;D

You're absolutely right though, I left out the obvious go back to ones normal vocation.

I learned every single way to eat a chocolate chip Otis Spunkmeyer muffin, and discovered third world energy drinks that to this day I'm convinced may have been petroleum distillates. I became excellent at placing a small stone on top of my foot and propelling it rapidly at a friend's groin. I learned that bathroom graffiti extends beyond the horizons of my reckoning to depths of depravity I didn't even know existed.

Searched some dudes, got more of their junk on my hands than I'd like to admit to. That was good times. Some looking for IEDs.

But the important part was the muffins.

Brihard said:
I learned that bathroom graffiti extends beyond the horizons of my reckoning to depths of depravity I didn't even know existed.

QFT.  What is seen cannot be unseen.  Or unsmelt.

ObedientiaZelum said:
You won't get paid for your first few months working with the reg force.

You'll probably spend 12 months living in a room with 8 or 9 guys that's designed for 4doing work up training.

You'll go overseas for 6 months and do the same job as the regular force.

You'll get home and apply to the reg force, apply for college/university or go on unemployment and look for the next class B tasking with the reserves.

You forgot, bitch about how much tour sucks while overseas and within months of coming home start looking for ways to go back  8)

Hatchet Man said:
You forgot, bitch about how much tour sucks while overseas and within months of coming home start looking for ways to go back  8)

I can attest that I'm definitely NOT going to do that.  This time.  :nod:

Hatchet Man said:

Ha. Ya I signed up to go back on my 3rd day home, the only thing the "3 half-days at your unit" was good for.

Back