• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you think about the CFPAS system?

What do you think about the CFPAS system?

• CFPAS is nearly perfect, supervisors always apply CFPAS properly and top personel receive top marks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFPAS is a great system with a little bit of biases and some inflation, nearly all top personnel are

• CFPAS is very good-excellent but most supervisors are biased and inflate a good majority of PERs. Qu

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • CFPAS is poor-average, most supervisors are biased and inflate a good majority of PERs. Quite a few

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • CFPAS is awful and is poorly excecuted by all and makes poor leaders

• I dont anything about CFPAS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jewalsh

Inactive
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some feedback on what people think about the current CFPAS system.

My opinion is as follows:

1. CFPAS itself is very good overall and promotes fairness. When applied properly, it is a great system but:

2. A good portion of supervisors (usually the higher ranks) do not or do not want to apply the CFPAS system correctly. There is definitely a lot of biases in our current system. I am a former NAVRES member who spent of good portion of the year doing plenty of instruction and supervising to an exceptional level on class B and class C contracts. The class A reserve division has already picked their favourites and gave the guys who are cemented to the unit the higher marks.

3. A lot of PERs are inflated like crazy. At the Cpl level it is not but at every other rank it is darn right ridiculous (nearly all Lt(N) and Capt have all 16 AFs rated ES or better). The true top performers get the shaft while truly average performers can thank the inflation to lump them in with the top people at merit board sittings.

4. A lot of posters feel that their unit merit boards are relatively fair. However, I have not experienced this. Out of the 3 merit boards that I was involved with, 2 of them started well before there were any PER drafts and the merit board dictating exactly who is to get an immediate, ready or developing based on their ranking on the merit board. The third unit merit board consisted of the XO of an unnamed unit taking the drafts of PERs and assigning them merit board standings based on dot counting. The supervisors got no say in the standings.

My 2 cents

Can't say I'm familiar with CFPAS myself, however isn't there already a poll on it?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/97021.0.html

I frequently don't anything.

Sometimes I don't nothing, though.

jewalsh said:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/97021.0.html
is locked

Mods lock threads for a reason, typically because opinions have been said, dogpile is starting and it is time to cool off tempers before they flare too much and things get said that shouldn't.

I believe this thread will only start repeating what is said in your previous one.  You have stated your opinion and others have replied and included theirs.  Continuously starting a new thread on the same topic will start to lead you down the Forum Admin path.

I suggest you step back for a bit from the CFPAS train before you are forced to by staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back