• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what is going to happen to my file

theseeker

Inactive
Reaction score
i have started a file to join the army on a full time carrer basis. i was in the reserves for 2 years, and have been out for about 6 years.
before i started with the reserves i went to court for an offence of breach of trust. i since the served all fines and probation. i was in formed from my lawer and the judge at the time that this offence would be cleared from my record and it would not affect my chances for enrollment in to the CF, witch it had not with regards to joining the reserves. noy 6 yeras latter i am trying to return full time, and there was a hit against my realibity check, i have to get finger prints and give them to the CFRC to be sent to OT. but when i filled out the application i filled it out the same way as i did for the reserves. " have you ever commited and criminal offence where you are under probation, and under court restriction, or where you have not yet been pardoned" i said no  :-\ because i was under the understanding that it "the offence" was removed once i completed all court requriments. now if it was infact not pardonded as of yet what is going to happen. the offence happened 9 years ago and i have completed all probation and court requirments for the last 7-8 years.

please all info or links and personl exper would be greatly appericated.

oh yes and one more thing i have completed the CFAT the Interview and PT test all i have is the medical. i signed a conditional job offer that as long as i pass the CFAT Inter, PT and Medical i would be in now what... ???

welll.... If it were me, I would call the CFRC right now and explain that you might have been a little off track about that "no" answer.
Don't get caught out in a lie - esp at the enrollment - screeners do not have a sense of humour and don't forgive easily.

answering "yes" with an explanation would have been the wiser route to follow IMHO

Geo is correct...... you need to call your CFRC and explain the situation as soon as possible.

i was in formed from my lawer and the judge at the time that this offence would be cleared from my record

Now where have I heard that before?  First of all take some kind of pill or whatever you need to calm down.  So you have to get fingerprints and then they will send them away and two to three months later the results will show up with the 'cleared' from your record charge and the interviewer will call you and say WTF? and you will tell him/her that you thought it was 'cleared' from your record and that is why you didn't answer yes to the question and the interviewer will roll their eyes and say sure and then recommend that your background check be approved.  Point for the future if you really want the charge to be 'cleared' from your record, get a pardon.

HH

.... also - don't think that there is a wee little "pardon fairy" that goes around to clean everyone's record... you want it done - see to it yourself.

first of all thankyou for the info and i will contact the CFRC right away and talk with them. also this was my first and last offence and havent had any prior or latter experience in the legal system. i just did not want to lose my chance to enter the CF. i just wanted to know if i could still get in.    with out having to wait a nother 6 months or more.

thanks again

theseeker said:
first of all thankyou for the info and i will contact the CFRC right away and talk with them. also this was my first and last offence and havent had any prior or latter experience in the legal system. i just did not want to lose my chance to enter the CF. i just wanted to know if i could still get in.     with out having to wait a nother 6 months or more.

thanks again

You don't have to contact the CFRC/D just get the fingerprints done and then wait for them to contact you.  Nothing, I repeat, nothing is going to happen with this issue or with your file until the fingerprint results are back, which could be in as little as two months depending how busy the system is.

DA

ok thank you all again ill do nothing at this time and wait till i hear back

Back