• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the full infantry kit on regular combat operations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-bone26

Inactive
Reaction score
First off, when I say combat, I don't mean attacking or fighting, just patrol's in a dangerous area. I tried the search function, but in the likely case I didn't find something, links would be appreciated. But to the point.

What is the full, complete list of things you get issued when on patrol. I want everything from the gun in hand to whats in the ruck sack to the combat vest.

Don't leave anything out, if you can think of something, add it!

Why do you want an itemized kit list?

Also, there is lots of info on what is carried.  I know theres one for what Infantry carry and Signallers for sure.  Read through the Infantry, Signals/Communications and Equipment subforums.  Or use the search button on the top left of the website.

Read through these threads

Also, what is carried varies from person to person, length of the patrol, etc, etc

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/87398.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/51144.250.html

2261034336_d495c8c6fe.jpg

(Source:  Bob on the FOB:  http://www.facebook.com/bobonthefobcomics)

If you want the real full kit list for what you will get issued, search the Web Quary Tool and get the Scale. Im not sure if you will have access to it but Supply Techs do. If you can not get a hold of it yourself you can ask your local QM Sup Tech to maybe print it off for you :) it only takes a few minuets to get it, tells you about the item and how many your entitled too as well!

The question is very general. There are several different types of ops, each demanding specific and general kit.

You need to be more specific ie what would a rifleman carry on a recce or fighting patrol? Or in a defensive battle, or on Advance to Contact.

T-bone26 said:
First off, when I say combat, I don't mean attacking or fighting, just patrol's in a dangerous area. I tried the search function, but in the likely case I didn't find something, links would be appreciated. But to the point.

What is the full, complete list of things you get issued when on patrol. I want everything from the gun in hand to whats in the ruck sack to the combat vest.

Don't leave anything out, if you can think of something, add it!

How long is a piece of rope?

T-bone26 said:
Lets go with a rifleman on a fighting patrol.

Maybe you don't realize the work your asking someone to do. The list isn't small or exclusive.

Perhaps you should tell us why you need this info before someone does a bunch of work, perhaps, for your idle curiosity.

recceguy said:
Perhaps you should tell us why you need this info before someone does a bunch of work, perhaps, for your idle curiosity.

Purely because I like to look into as much as possible the trade I'm going to go in. If the information is else where links are welcome.

If the average ruk is about 60-80 Lbs, would it not be smart to look into what I'm carrying before-hand?

I guarantee by the time you see a "combat operation" the list will be 100% different.

The list will vary greately from soldier to soldier, from location, from type of terrain, to weapon type, to organization type, to mission, to length of op. It's a useless excercise to ask what "an infanteer on a fighting patrol" will carry.

well i can still get a rough idea.

I'm sure there's still a decent list of thing you'll need no matter what.

I don't care what items you say or how many, I just want to know what I may have.

T-bone26 said:
Purely because I like to look into as much as possible the trade I'm going to go in. If the information is else where links are welcome.

If the average ruk is about 60-80 Lbs, would it not be smart to look into what I'm carrying before-hand?
Did you even fill out the application forms yet? I thought you wanted to apply as a weapons tech?

T-bone26 said:

Not really.  None of this information would be even the slightest bit relevant to an application to join the CF.

T-bone26 said:
Purely because I like to look into as much as possible the trade I'm going to go in.

Useless details as far as your application is concerned. Concentrate on knowing about what your trade does, postings, training and similar things.

You're welcome?  ::) Far from useless. You were told there was no set list. You were coached that those specifics didn't matter to your application. Now you want to pout?

Milnet.ca Staff

T-bone26 said:
Well only one post was helpful so I guess it was useless.

Careful throwing your teddy bear in the corner, it mught break. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

T-bone26 said:
well i can still get a rough idea.

I'm sure there's still a decent list of thing you'll need no matter what.

I don't care what items you say or how many, I just want to know what I may have.

Ammo and Water. Thread over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back