• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is your military status?

What is your military or non military status?

• Total voters
Air Force Fire Fighter in Trenton, ON (Sgt).  Ex-Army reservist with the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders of Canada in Hamilton.

Serving Strat on ERE. Coming up on that magic 25...

Trying this as my first posting on this site...

Cheers,

2294 RC ARMY CC, Thunder Bay, ON!  ;D Affiliated unit: 18 Svc Btn As of now.

I just recieved my RMC application, so hopefully in a few months I will become an Infantry Officer (in training  :))

Retired Army, Canadian Forces. Retired in 1980 with almost 28 years of service. Just turn 70

Joined Dec 18, 1952 as first intake of soldier apprentices (Green Monster), I went to the RCEME School at Barriefield, and did two years of basic, schooling and trade. Qualified as Armourer Grp 1 in Jan 55, posted to 214 Wksp, Vancouver for a year, and then to the RCD Regt LAD, as an armourer, and to the 2nd Guards, as an armourer after RSM Charlie Smith of the RCD's told me to be out of the RCD's Regiments lines by 1100 hours after I was caught cheering for the 2nd Guards at a hockey game  ::), Then I was posted the 1th Guards as an armourer. I served as a RCEME  armourer with the RCD Recce, summer of 58, and with the 2nd R22R, and then posted to Germany to 4 Fields Wksp RCEME in Ft Chambly, and then to the RCEME LAD with 8th Hussars in Iserlon in 61. Came back to Canada in 62, transfered to the RCDC "Dental" to re-train as Dental Lab Technician. Posted to Trenton, Toronto, radar bases on the mid-Canada line. Went to Cyprus fall of 64 with the 2nd RCR....learned about RCR's and chickens..... Posted to London, and then to Montreal area, went to Egypt fall of 73 with a combined Med/Dental Detachment. We had a platoon of RCR's for security....and they had a pet chicken....believe me... Met up with Brig General Holmes (RCR) at a party...I asked him if he owned the chicken??? ;D...wrong thing to say...he asked me what rank i was....I said "Sgt"  he said" not any more Cpl."....lucky we all had sober thoughts the next day.  Also spent time in CFB Calgary, and CFB Toronto and took my retirement in 1980..

People that impressed me most, # 1, Maj. GL Lodge, Officer Commanding Soldier Apprentice Coy RCEME ...had a crush on his daughter. He was a father figure I never had. #2 Sgt Johnny Bouchard, my first Platoon Sgt...great guy...taught us how to cover our arse. There are many people in the Dental branch that impressed me. When you work hand in hand with Dental Captains....  to Col., you find out how gifted some of those people were.

What bugged me most were airforce types who did six weeks basic at RCAF St. Jean and called it boot camp...we did 2 years basic as Apprentices. We ran our own morning inspections and parades...We had a company of 7 platoons when the 1st platoon graduated

Would I do it again.....YES ...best thing that ever happened to me...I was out of school at 14...grade 9 dropout....had a chance to join at 16 as an Apprentice...jumped at it....No life like it. 

I served in the Windsor Regiment (Armoured Reconnaissance) from 2001 to 2005.

Happily enjoying the heat, dust, sun and smells of Al Tahweed here in Baghdad! Yes, and hopefully enjoying the Liberty Pool for Salsa night tonight.

As for me this very moment, recovering from a case of Baghdad belly, after thinking I could get away with using town water to brush my teeth ( not aproblem since August) . Needless to say, its been a nasty 7 or 8 hours, and I have re-defined the meaning of Johnny Cash's  song 'Ring of Fire', ha!

As for tonight, if I have my senses back, its a chance to have a few cold waters with others, perhaps maybe a swim, and then a trip back to the reality of this city on the edge of implosion. Soon the cool weather will come and the social times at the pool will dwindle to not even a trickle. However, it was 36C yesterday, and a day or two back I seen my first clouds since I left Australia. so, the cooler times may be still off in the distance a bit.

Regards from not the happiest of places to be,

Wes

Wesley 'Over There' (formerly Down Under) said:
Happily enjoying the heat, dust, sun and smells of Al Tahweed here in Baghdad! Yes, and hopefully enjoying the Liberty Pool for Salsa night tonight.

As for me this very moment, recovering from a case of Baghdad belly, after thinking I could get away with using town water to brush my teeth ( not aproblem since August) . Needless to say, its been a nasty 7 or 8 hours, and I have re-defined the meaning of Johnny Cash's  song 'Ring of Fire', ha!

As for tonight, if I have my senses back, its a chance to have a few cold waters with others, perhaps maybe a swim, and then a trip back to the reality of this city on the edge of implosion. Soon the cool weather will come and the social times at the pool will dwindle to not even a trickle. However, it was 36C yesterday, and a day or two back I seen my first clouds since I left Australia. so, the cooler times may be still off in the distance a bit.

Regards from not the happiest of places to be,

Wes

Hope everything goes well for you. Stay safe.  :salute:

Med Tech R737 Jun 03-Aprl 05
HCA R48 May 05-Present

Cheers to all.

Currently i'm back home from exchange with the Dragoons and doing full time service as a Reservist. Tomorrow i hand in my transfer to go to Brisbane and join the Reg Light Horse Regiment (oh that magical word...OPSEC) for 4 years. Wes should be seeing me as soon as he gets home, i'll be the one valiantly trying to prop up the bar!
Ich Dien,
I serve,
Hales

Good for ya Hale!
(transfer to the resg I mean :))

I did Reserves and Cadets at the sametime. So at RMC, i finished. You could choose from military service. So I chose CIC! Whats the problem!?  :army:

Can you explain to me how you Graduated from RMC, and can not construct a proper sentence?

davidhmd said:
Something just doesn't add up here.  ???

Quite right! Simply, its the poser/BS factor/I am a lair, and caught in the act syndrom right in our faces. Note his profile. His credibility is in flames. Unrepairable, but he won't care. If (and I say if) he is in cadets, those quality cadets at 2472 RCACC will pop his fantasy bubble.

EDIT: Just read every one of this kid's posts, and judging by the quality and maturity level, I'd bet he's not a day over 14, if that! Need I say more.

Now as for me, nothing has changed except the weather. Its actually going to drop to 13C in Baghdad tonight with highs this week maybe hitting 30C. Finally the cooler temps are here. I am way over the 55C days. Bring on the winter.

So, again stuck here in the CP for my all to common tour. Its Ground Hog Day again, more SHOTREPs, BOMBREPs and other typical Baghdad routines.

EDIT again - spent a few minutes googling, and found a C/GNR Michael Wong matching the same email as he provided on his profile here. In his Corps ROs, dated Apr 2006, he has recently become a Green Star Cadet. Mystery solved. I must have way too much time on my hands.... shakes head.

Regards,

Wes

Back