• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Someone at work pushed the wrong button on the PA system and yelled:

"Lock the f**k up!"

But instead of it going to the individual unit it went EVERYWHERE in the centre.  ::)

while standing at the counter to pay for my purchase on Government Credit Card in uniform:

are you with National Defence?

Inspir, your avatar disturbs me..

Can I get a copy of it to post on Lightfighter.net?

Over the PA at YYC:

"Would Peter Blocker please report to Gate 34 please, Peter Blocker to Gate 34 please"

That one had to be phony...

211RadOp said:
Not today, but a few years ago when I was posted to LFAA HQ.

As we worked one weekend a month supporting the Reserve Units in the area, myself, the Chief Comm Op and other members of the G6 Branch would go to one of the local pubs for Steak and Eggs for lunch. We went to a little one up Barrington St (we worked out of the MT & T building at the time) and sat down. The Chief Comm Op ordered his meal and asked for scrambled eggs with his steak. The conversation went something like this.

Server "I'm sorry sir, we don't have scrambled today."
CCO "But you do have fried, right?"
Server "Yes sir, you can have over easy or sunny side up."
CCO "And to confirm, you don't have scrambled?"
Server "That is correct."
CCO "Okay then, make me two sunny side up, but after you put them on the grill, take a fork and mix them all up for me please."
Server "No problem sir, I'm sure our cook can do that for you."

wish I had that luck - sme sit, probably same pub but when I suggested breaking 2 eggs and stirring them I was told they couldn't do it.  Smart cooks.

By the way - a few years ago?? Don't recall leaving G6 behind when we moved to Gottingen or Dockyards which was the mid 90's. Did they move back to MTT?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/78963/post-744648.html#msg744648

The first post is alittle long but...most of it qualifies as the dumbest shit I've heard today.

Eye In The Sky said:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/78963/post-744648.html#msg744648

The first post is alittle long but...most of it qualifies as the dumbest crap I've heard today.

I concur.

Chapeski said:
I concur.

I am not suprised someone posted WRT that thread. I agree as well.

Actually heard last Monday from one of my carpool partners.  He's a fairly bookish guy, a war movie and Biography Channel buff who saw John Wayne in the Green Berets on the weekend - on VHS.  He'd also recently seen something about Wayne's filmography on TV.  Anyways, he's trying to tell me about this great movie and how it's too bad the US doesn't have Green Berets any longer.  He says that since John Wayne always did historical movies (westerns) that the Green Berets must no longer exist.  He'd heard they were dissolved and became "US Army Special Forces".  Trying to convince him otherwise went a bit like this:

Me:  "US Army Special Forces are Green Berets.  That's thier nickname. They exist."
Him:  "No, they're not.  Green Berets no longer exist."
Me: "They exist."
Him: "Prove it!"
Me:  "OK.  I had one at my dining room table having coffee this morning.  He was real."
Him:  "So...maybe you had a guy at your dining room table drinking coffee this morning, but he wasn't a Green Beret.  They're American. There are NO Green Berets in Canada."
Me:  "There are if he's visiting!"

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet.

Chapeski, Eye In The Sky and kratz:  I agree.

Okay.. my bud and I were running outside the other day. And he pointed out to me his new apartment that was a block or two away.

Well I was trying to figure out what road the drive way was on. So course, I had to ask, "How do you get in?"

Well Mr. Smartarse in his French accent said "I use a door.."

Well let's say that ended the run.  :rofl:

That was pretty clever I must say :p

Mine today was someone (I won't say who, cause they waaaay outrank me) said "Why do they need gloves to pick up garbage? They can wash their hands." Needless to say we were glad we wore them as we found a dead animal under the trailer loading ramps.

Sgt  Schultz said:
Okay.. my bud and I were running outside the other day. And he pointed out to me his new apartment that was a block or two away.

Well I was trying to figure out what road the drive way was on. So course, I had to ask, "How do you get in?"

Well Mr. Smartarse in his French accent said "I use a door.."

Well let's say that ended the run.   :rofl:

You went running  ???  ??? 

Sgt  Schultz said:
Yes some of us truckers try to make an example...   ;D

Wow, I couldn't think of a better thread for that post.    ;D

From this thread:

"Shocked and dismayed was how I felt", said Adriane Carr, deputy leader of the Green Party of Canada when she heard the news this morning that CBC is dismantling its Radio Orchestra for lack of funds.  "The CBC Orchestra's budget was less than one million dollars per year. The Harper government's 2008 budget just increased military spending by $270 million (a 1.5% increase to the $18.2 billion defense budget) and gave another $700 million for law and order and security measures ....  "The government's priorities are all wrong," said Carr, adding, "We need more music, arts and beauty in our lives, not more tanks, guns and war .... It bodes poorly for our country and culture if we keep increasing military spending and can't find a million dollars to keep an artistic institution like the CBC Radio Orchestra going," concluded Carr.

I couldn't actually determine the stupiest sentence so the whole post won 1st prize for me.

Michael O`Leary said:
Wow, I couldn't think of a better thread for that post.    ;D

That was good.. real good.. even from a Royal.. it's still good. :rofl:

Eye In The Sky said:
From this thread:

"Shocked and dismayed was how I felt", said Adriane Carr, deputy leader of the Green Party of Canada when she heard the news this morning that CBC is dismantling its Radio Orchestra for lack of funds.  "The CBC Orchestra's budget was less than one million dollars per year. The Harper government's 2008 budget just increased military spending by $270 million (a 1.5% increase to the $18.2 billion defense budget) and gave another $700 million for law and order and security measures ....  "The government's priorities are all wrong," said Carr, adding, "We need more music, arts and beauty in our lives, not more tanks, guns and war .... It bodes poorly for our country and culture if we keep increasing military spending and can't find a million dollars to keep an artistic institution like the CBC Radio Orchestra going," concluded Carr.

I couldn't actually determine the stupiest sentence so the whole post won 1st prize for me.

Wait...and these are the same people who blasted the cancellation of JSS?  ???

Dimsum said:
Wait...and these are the same people who blasted the cancellation of JSS?  ???

They don't call it "the Green Perty" for nothing ;)

Back