• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Took our Squadron clerk on a fini flight this past weekend. 10.8 hour flight to  Hawaii 18 hours off in Waikiki  5.4 hours to Comox with a three hour stop to unload cargo and refuel then up again for another 4.5 hours or so to Trenton.
This was the third trip in a week and a half for me and I was wiped.  I explained to the clerk that she had to buy 3 meals for the flight home.( Lunch, a small snack and supper) She didn't clue into why she needed to buy so much food.
We land in Comox. Offload, fuel up, program the flight computers. And do all the husbandry of the aircraft to get it ready for the next leg of the flight.
Just before we are about to start engines she comes up to me and says.
"wow you guys were really busy is it always like this."
"yeah its always like this"
"Holy I could not understand why you asked me to bring all that food with me. I figured those three hour stops you guys take were for you to shut down the airplane and go for a nice meal at a restaurant or something. Now I know why you ask for your per-diem rates for Hawaii." :o

The dumbest or the sadest... I don't know.

A friend of a friend asked me tonight (No, she was not smiling what so ever)  :crybaby:

Her: "Why do you want to join the army?"

And before I could even answer... went on with this statement:

Her: "To me, the Canadian army is absurd and senseless"
Me: "Really? Why is that?"
Her: "Because, in Kandahar, they eat Lobsters every Thursday and have nothing else to do than play cards"

It always surprises me to see how the people know barely anything about the CF and are full of misconceptions of all sorts including the role of the CF and the ethics and responsibilities of the soldiers in the CF.

It is sad.

Alea

Wow Lobster every thursday....

I wonder where that was when I ate rations for months on end....  ::)

EDIT: MM I reposted the link you wanted to put up as your was incomplete and/or broken

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/story?videoId=135024909&rpc=60

George Wallace said:
Wow!    Did you ask her where she got her information?

No I didn't.

Instead, I spoke about the schools that are built there, the roads etc...

I told her it would be my pleasure to introduce a few of my military friends who have been there and would talk to her about the "way of life" in Kandahar, including the one who left is 2 little boys  (no later than yesterday) to go back there just to eat Lobster's every Thursday in a FOB.

Then I cut the conversation short by saying (in a rather dry tone of voice) that the 151 Canadian soldiers who died there did not loose their life because of a Lobster's allergie.
That was followed by a heavy silence around the table...

Alea

BulletMagnet said:
Wow Lobster every thursday....

I wonder where that was when I ate rations for months on end....  ::)

EDIT: MM I reposted the link you wanted to put up as your was incomplete and/or broken

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/story?videoId=135024909&rpc=60

Now that I think of it... I should have answered that the reason I decided to join the CF is because the "Lobster's rule" is now changed for Friday nights' Ladies out + "Caviar Thursdays".

Arrrrgh... maybe I'm the dumbest of the day after all ;)

Alea

Alea said:
No I didn't.
Then I cut the conversation short by saying (in a rather dry tone of voice) that the 151 Canadian soldiers who died there did not loose their life because of a Lobster's allergie.
That was followed by a heavy silence around the table...

Alea

Thank you.  :salute:

MMA recently got legalized in Ontario.  Us fans are delighted, but there are also many sappy whiners who liken it to dog-fights or somehow think it is any more dangerous than any other contact sport.  Some even think children will become violent and society will implode, just like it was supposed to when gangsta rap became popular or with violent video games.    I consider statements such as those, the "dumbest things I've heard today".  Man some people are wimps.  If you don't like it, too bad, don't watch it, but spare me your crying. 

I agree that MMA for Ontario is a good thing; however, it just shows where the morals for the Ontario Gov't appear to be:

$

Technoviking said:
I agree that MMA for Ontario is a good thing; however, it just shows where the morals for the Ontario Gov't appear to be:
$
How unlike this move, right?
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) announced today it will be extending its brand to online gaming.

Jurisdictions in Canada including British Columbia, the Atlantic Provinces, and many European Union states including the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, France and Sweden, already allow regulated online gaming.

“Across Canada and around the world, online commerce is part of our everyday lives and OLG is excited to start the consultation process for online gaming and growing its marketplace in the future,” said OLG Chair, Paul Godfrey. “OLG’s internet gaming program will stress responsible gaming while providing an enjoyable experience for Ontario players.”

Ontarians currently spend nearly $400 million per year online through unregulated internet gaming providers. These mostly-offshore providers are not regulated or licensed to operate in Ontario, nor do they have any mandate to serve the public interest, as OLG does ....

Back