• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

I was sitting there secretly hoping he would answer........

It would not have been a huge surprise. Guy was as sharp as a marble.

NL_engineer said:
I find this one quite amusing:

I overheard some KAFer at lunch today (yes I was in the wire, only for an hour; and I didn't get to Timmies  ::)), "Why to I have to carry this stupid 9mm"  I was going to say something, but decided against it.
"So, there I was, at KAF one day (yes, I was in KAF, but woe is me)."  That is the stupidest thing I've heard today.  That and the "us/them" cool factor "we have it so rough and they have it so easy" BS I hear all the time.

Yes, I spent 99.9% of my time INSIDE the wire.  Of my 0.1% time outside the wire, yeah, I "did this" and "did that", but whatever, dude.  We *all* have a job to do, but I also wondered why I had to carry that "stupid" 9mm in KAF.  But, as a lazy, under-worked and over-paid KAF-ite wondering how wonderful my job would be if it weren't for all those "Fob-ites", I suppose it was a small price to pay to have fluffed pillows, 18 hours of uninteruppted sleep intermingled with long strolls at the Boardwalk and of course, the "visits" by the female Dutch soldiers.

::)

Can't all be ninjas, someones got to push the throwing stars and smoke bombs forward...  :rofl:

Kat Stevens said:
Can't all be ninjas, someones got to push the throwing stars and smoke bombs forward...  :rofl:
:rofl:

Thanks, Kat, that made my day.  (Though at first I thought your reference to throwing stars was a stab at my cap badge! ;D)

Midnight Rambler said:
"So, there I was, at KAF one day (yes, I was in KAF, but woe is me)."  That is the stupidest thing I've heard today.  That and the "us/them" cool factor "we have it so rough and they have it so easy" BS I hear all the time.

On that tangent:

At some random gathering last week end, Someguy pipes up:" [...]the ones that stayed in KAF were a bunch of F-ing fags".

Having spent most of my time (5 months out of 6 months) in KAF, I thought it was rather rude, especially since Someguy has not gone over at all.

Yesterday, Service Ontario would not process my application for the enhanced driver's licence because I didn't have a province issued marriage certificate to connect my maiden name on my birth certificate to my married name on my licence and every other piece of ID I had, including my current Canadian passport.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Yesterday, Service Ontario would not process my application for the enhanced driver's licence because I didn't have a province issued marriage certificate to connect my maiden name on my birth certificate to my married name on my licence and every other piece of ID I had, including my current Canadian passport.  ::)

Wow... just wow. Huzzah for the bureaucracy!

Michael O'Leary said:
It's much more than bureaucracy, it's a profit generator.  >:D

I suppose, but in general I try to follow Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I do this mainly because I'd rather go around pitying people than hating them.

gcclarke said:
I suppose, but in general I try to follow Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I do this mainly because I'd rather go around pitying people than hating them.

Wise (and benevolent) words.

Michael O'Leary said:
It's much more than bureaucracy, it's a profit generator.  >:D

It is that, because the marriage certificate costs $15.00 and I had to pay extra for "premium" service to get it within five days to make my next appointment timing.  ::)

gcclarke, I agree.  I do pity the people but I hate the system.  :mad:

PMedMoe said:
It is that, because the marriage certificate costs $15.00 and I had to pay extra for "premium" service to get it within five days to make my next appointment timing.  ::)

gcclarke, I agree.  I do pity the people but I hate the system.  :mad:

What are the advantages of an EDL vice a CDN passport ?

Just curious.

According to the ICBC EDL Site
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/edl

Why get an EDL?

* It's a convenient wallet-sized card that's your licence to drive and proof of your identity and citizenship.
    * It has the latest security features to prevent fraud and identity theft.
    * It's a less expensive alternative to a passport for business or pleasure travel to the U.S. by land or water.

The ontario one explains it more
http://www.news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2009/05/about-ontarios-enhanced-drivers-licence.html

Oh yah and the  CBSA
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/whti-ivho/edl-pcp-eng.html

Apparently, it's (the EDL) only offered presently in ON, PQ and AB but who knows? 

It saves you from having to fill out the application every five years for a passport and paying the cost.  After the initial purchase (AFAIK), it's the same as renewing a driver's licence.  It's only good for road or sea travel to the U.S.A. but better than carrying a passport every time you take a jaunt into the U.S.

Not heard, but said:

I have a tendency to unintentionally say things in normal conversation that could very easily be taken as sexual in nature when heard out of context.

Both of these were sent via text messaging to a potential romantic interest, during and after a very long train ride across the country, which made me a bit loopy.

(talking about transportation) "I cabbed it to the station, nobody was available to drive me, but if you want, when I come back after my leave, you can pick me up......"

Talking about what she had for supper:
(her) "I'm having chicken, it's tasty"
(tired me) "Did you put anything on it? You'd love my cream sauce....."

Regarding my comment about Purolator in the Sound Off thread:

PMedMoe said:
Actually, they wouldn't let my spouse pick up the marriage certificate I ordered from Vital Stats.  ::)  They also wouldn't redirect it to me here so they are sending a note to hold it in Kingston until next Friday.  I told them I need it for an appointment on the same day and it had better be there!

Got a call from the office in Kingston.  They will only hold for five days, no exceptions but they can redirect it to the original address.  My spouse (or a neighbour can sign for it from the driver at the house, but my husband cannot pick it up (with ID as proof of address) and their office.  Wow, great security guys!  ::)  So next time you see a Purolator vehicle around your house, just go out and tell them you're the neighbour and they asked you to get their package for them.  Sheesh!

Its so stupid it IS funny.  He (spouse) can't pick it up, but hey, its no problem if they deliver it to him...who is the *challenged* individual that stamped THAT business process with "APPROVED!".

The neighbor thing..ummm...wow.  *scrathes my head*

Guess it might be a good way to start picking up some Christmas Presents?  "yay, I am so-and-so's neighbor...I'll sign...yes, yes, Daffy Duck IS my real name.  Here is my Mickey Mouse Club ID card, sir!"

Eye In The Sky said:
Guess it might be a good way to start picking up some Christmas Presents?  "yay, I am so-and-so's neighbor...I'll sign...yes, yes, Daffy Duck IS my real name.  Here is my Mickey Mouse Club ID card, sir!"

images

:rofl:

Back