• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Well they buried Jackson yesterday, they needed another completely inane and pointless story.

Some guy reading an Xbox gamertag: Hey you sound horrible!

WTF Guy? How can reading someones name= you sound horrible

Kmess said:
Some guy reading an Xbox gamertag: Hey you sound horrible!

WTF Guy? How can reading someones name= you sound horrible
???
I think that lost something in the original translation from ________________?

To update the Purolator incident, hubby sat home all morning yesterday waiting for the driver and finally had to give that up.  So he decided to use the Power of Attorney I had filled out when I went to Bosnia.  I had called someone at the office and they said that it would be okay for him to pick it up with that.  They did the CYA thing by photocopying the PoA when he gave it to them. 

The stupid thing?  They never asked him for ID to prove he was the person named on the form.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
The stupid thing?  They never asked him for ID to prove he was the person named on the form.  ::)

Well, they also don't ever bother checking for ID when they're dropping stuff off for the person who it is (supposedly?) addressed to. I guess their legal team figured that signature would be enough to shift liability off from themselves.

gcclarke said:
Well, they also don't ever bother checking for ID when they're dropping stuff off for the person who it is (supposedly?) addressed to. I guess their legal team figured that signature would be enough to shift liability off from themselves.

Well, that was in my previous post.  If they drop it off at your house, anyone and their dog could sign for it, but to pick it up at the office??  That's a big no-no.  Idiots.  Love to meet whoever made that rule.  ;D

From a newspaper article I was reading when I got into work:

"The witness agreed with the defence that what he did in the video was a serious violation of weapon procedures and was a "very good example" of the cavalier attitude of weapon safety in the military."

I'm sorry, but anytime someone even remotely points a weapon near me, joking or not, that weapon is either swatted away, or the member is quickly disarmed by myself or platoon mate. I'm not sure what it is like in other units, but it is strictly frowned upon in mine. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but I'd hope there is more respect for these tools than that.

Chapeski said:
From a newspaper article I was reading when I got into work:

"The witness agreed with the defence that what he did in the video was a serious violation of weapon procedures and was a "very good example" of the cavalier attitude of weapon safety in the military."

I'm sorry, but anytime someone even remotely points a weapon near me, joking or not, that weapon is either swatted away, or the member is quickly disarmed by myself or platoon mate. I'm not sure what it is like in other units, but it is strictly frowned upon in mine. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but I'd hope there is more respect for these tools than that.
Where did you read this? This needs to be sorted out.

mariomike said:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1131685.html

So, who is on trial here; Wilcox or Crosby?  Is the Defence trying to use the example of Crosby to clear the mistakes made by Wilcox, smearing all?

Its too bad that we are ALL now painted as having a "cavalier attitude" towards proper weapons handling drills.
A few years ago I almost punted troop off course for having such an attitude. He was quickly and safely sorted out.

Chapeski said:

NO unit I served with had a 'cavalier attitude' of wpns safety, ever.  On course, on ex, classroom trg, live ranges, trg w/blanks et al, I NEVER saw this type of negligent weapons handling.  Hell on BMQs, we used to take the BFA off the C7, fire 1 blank round at IMP box or something like that to show the troops what even a blank round could/would do to someone's eye, etc, during the pyro demo before commencing the FTX.

The worst part is that there was an NCO in charge of them, letting it happen...... unreal.

Sorry for getting back so late to this one. When I read that I had a bird. I've never seen a unit act in this manner, or a particular member. As stated prior, anyone even accidentally pointing in my direction had the weapon either swatted away from me, or I disarmed the member, then proceded with a loud scolding of the member. Even as a no-hook, I feel my safety is important enough to warrant me jacking up someone of a higher rank, briefly, to remind them of the safety protocols. It doesn't happen often thankfully. As for who is on trial, I don't know. I feel for Cpl Wilcox, however he should not have become complacent with his weapons handling. As for the Sgt, he should have know better, and set the example. I hope that people don't see this as a cavalier attitude held by all members, as it is completely unacceptable.

To add a quote: Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Well this is a good one, why do I seem to com e across so many  ::)

From an MWO "Soldiers fight better when strict uniformity is enforced!" [I tuned out at this point] but their was more like it that followed.

NL_Engineer:

I see you have a raging infestation of the dreaded Kitosaurus Rex... Still trying to fight the Battle of Waterloo...Today!! Have you considered calling in PEST CONTROL? You have to remember that micro-management of troops is the be all and end all of their existence. Just think...you could go into battle with a Brown Bess rather than what you normally carry.

tango22a

NL_engineer said:
Well this is a good one, why do I seem to com e across so many  ::)

From an MWO "Soldiers fight better when strict uniformity is enforced!" [I tuned out at this point] but their was more like it that followed.
Who was this individual and has he/she ever been to the field?

What century did this one grow up in, the early 19th?

OldSoldier:

Like yourself, I would rather have a properly armed and motivated warrior. I really don't give a damn if his pants are bloused or his boots are shiny (and the correct colour....of course!!)

Cheers,

tango22a

tango22a said:
OldSoldier:

Like yourself, I would rather have a properly armed and motivated warrior. I really don't give a damn if his pants are bloused or his boots are shiny (and the correct colour....of course!!)

Cheers,

tango22a

Sacrilege!! Blasphemer!!  ;D  Joking!!

Back