• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

when did Sweden start making some of our kit?

D

D-n-A

Today I got my "CADPAT camouflage screen", an notiched that its made in Sweden.

All the other CADPAT kit is made here in Canada as far as I know.

Something I was just wondering about/passing though.

the CADPAT camouflage screen is made by SAAB, SAAB received the contract to make this product,
SAAB is located in sweeden, seems simple enough to me ??? :S

well, technically the cam screen is made by baracuuda?, I guess its a SAAB divison/sub-company ?

anyways, why did the contract go to them, an not a canadian company, like the majority of everything else.

yes it is SAAB-Baracuda , as to why it went to a sweedish company instead of a canadian company, most likely, making scrim nets was not going to make much profit for the CDN economy, and the sweedish company could make it for cheaper, thus saving the CF money, but ure guess is as good as mine or anyone elses.

Back in 1997 CADPAT rucksack covers were being sold here in surplus stores here in Australia, all Cdn marked, and with Cnd NSNs too. Thats when I first heard of CADPAT. made in Sweden was also on the packets.

Cheers,

WEs

PS - our vehicle camnets are also made by this company too - Cheers, Wes

Hmmm ... Sweden ... King Carl Gustav ... hmmm ...
(methinks we‘ve bought kit from Sweden a long, long time ago, too ... ?)

Not to mention the BV206 as well,Sweden and the CF have always had a good relationship when it comes to military kit.

The new cold weather socks are made in Norway while the liner and wet weather ones are made in Toronto.

Just a side note...the Bofors 57mm gun and the Sg150 radar on our CPFs are also Swedish.

Originally posted by Ex-Dragoon:
[qb] Just a side note...the Bofors 57mm gun and the Sg150 radar on our CPFs are also Swedish. [/qb]
And some of that (Bofors)came off the Bonaventure. :D

GW

I am one of the few that have used the new Barracuda Cam System. SAAB designed a Cam Net system for the Coyote. It is a complete bolt on blanket, like the add on Armour.
It also comes with the new radar dish blanket, full cam net, mast cam net. Its great but too **** big.
SAAB has 5 contracts with Canada and 3 with the US. I was offered a job with them, but to packup and move with only a 3 yr contract. Would be a gamble.

Originally posted by Recce41:
[qb]
SAAB has 5 contracts with Canada and 3 with the US. I was offered a job with them, but to packup and move with only a 3 yr contract. Would be a gamble. [/qb]
Do they have a colony in the Carribean ???
:D If I leave Canada, I‘ll go somewhere there is no winter !!! ;)

Sorry George the Bonnie didn‘t have the 57mm they had the 40mm and some of those supposedly went to the MCDVs not the CPFs. Real big difference. :)

The 40‘s landed up as Lahr and Baden Airfield Defences.

What kind of cam would you need in St Croix?

:D

GW

NOTHING in Sweden can be done/made/bought cheaper than in Canada. Sweden is the land of the $12 cup of coffee, as is the rest of Scandinavia.

Back