• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

Jerieln

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I am really pumped about getting back in uniform.  I feel confident about everything except the medical.  My health is great with only one exception.  I have a hypothyroid condition which is controlled.  I really, really hope that it is not a show stopper.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks for all the confidence boosters fellas, a little about my self, 25 married, graduated from com. college 6 years ago. Diploma in diesel mechanics, been a mechanic working on trucks and heavy equipment since.  Cant wait for this new step in life to begin! the process has been very exciting at times, nearly aced the CFAT which helped me get this far, hoping competing with people with degrees and/or military experience will bring out the best in me! so good luck to all!

Best luck to all applicants, NOAB is a great experience to learn everything what the navy does, and what is the life at sea.

M

Good luck to all of you, I hope you'll make it and we can all be on the same BMOQ, a bunch of MARS recruit could be fun on the same platoon :camo:

Completed (and passed :salute:) my interview for DEO MARS on August 6th at CFRC Toronto and was told the next NOAB will be December 13-16th, was also told to give them a shout mid October if I don't hear from them sooner.

CEOTP might have a NOAB scheduled earlier or maybe someone has their wires crossed on dates? Anyone else DEO MARS hearing the same?

CEOTP and DEO are placed on the same course. We don't have seperate courses for different entry plans. As far as I know the next NOAB is October. Or end September. I'd trust MSEng314 (even if he is a Stoker). The December dates you were quoted would be for MPOAC/MPAC. That's the Military Police courses.

Stoker? I'm not even in the navy yet, but I will be going officer when I do...

Anyways, the staff who did our NOAB will be at the next board in Esquimalt on the 28th, most of them anyways.

Good luck on your board bt13!

Sorry about calling you a Stoker. I assumed by the name you were. I won't let that happen again!

No problem, I just didn't know that there was another MSE in the navy and that they are not the same, forgive my ignorance.

Under the old system of MOC (Military occupation code) 314 was the code for Marine Engineering Articifer. I assumed ( I know what it means) MSEng314 meant you were a Master Seaman Engineer. No sweat, I'm new to this and will catch on!

Ah, I see. Yeah I'm new to this as well, and I'm sure I will catch on soon.

Cheers!

I applied for MARS a couple weeks ago. Still pretty in early in the process for me (CFAT, medical, interview next week). Hopefully I'll make it through that process and carry on to NOAB (crossing my fingers to go on the one at the end of Sept). Encouraging to see the excitement of others applying to this trade.

I found the "Sailor Profiles" on the navy website pretty useful. Gives you a good idea of what you would be doing and the other trades you would be working with: http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms/2/2-b_eng.asp

I also found that reading the CVs of the Command Team, on the individual ship's websites, useful in understanding the career progression of a MARS officer into a command position:
http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms/8/8_eng.asp?category=51

Back to my "couch to 5km" program ...

I see, thanks for the information, I'll have to give the RC a call and see what the deal is.

Cheers, best of luck to all!

Hi again fellas, got a call from the CFRC today, had my hopes up high about it being the invite call to NOAB! No luck though, the frigate Ville de Quebec is touring the great lakes in sept, Im going for a day sail sept 10th from sarnia to windsor. Should be alot of fun, and good to know Im still on the list! some good news though the captain there said the NOAB dates for sept 28th are confirmed! he hasnt seen a list of invitees though! heres hoping we all make it

Good for you Diesel...  Sounds like you'll have some fun on Ville de Quebec.  What a nice thing for them to invite you along.

I guess we'll just have to keep waiting and hoping for the September NOAB.

Let us know how your time on Ville de Quebec goes.

Oh really Diesel..
When I spoke to my recruiter Friday morning he didn't have the date for the next NOAB... maybe he haven't check his email yet, it wasn't even 8 a.m ! haha

ya, he mentioned those dates in my interview back in may, but just confirmed them so i could book them off from work, even if i dont get the invite atleast i can get some of the home renos done here that we have planned.  And actually in one of the threads on here someone said they usually chair the NOAB courses and also confirmed those dates!

Hey Guys,
              I am going for mars ceotp as well and i saw some of you are doing this as well. I have asked my recruiter and the online help at forces.ca they dont seem to be much help. How does it exactly work, where are you getting your diploma from and do current credits at your uni count towards it ?
I had to get laser eye to be able to apply for marrs and my medical just came back passed so i am hoping I get the invite and see some of you guys there

You had to get laser ?!?  Why ?  You can't wear glasses as a MARS Officer ??

Well the military has certain vision classes and i know that you can have impaired vision but mine was really bad -6.0, so i think the only thing i would medically able to do was MP, admin jobs , laywer

Back