• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where are the Engineers?

KingofKeys

Inactive
Reaction score
Where are the Engineers? I am talking about Engineer Officer (Army).

The way I see it, the Combat Arms consist of:
Infantry
Armoured
Artillery
Engineer

I see so many people applying for NCM Infantry, Armoured, Artillery, and even Engineer. I see many Officer Application for Infantry, Armoured and perhaps even Artillery, but I don't see many Officers applying for Engineer Officer in the Combat Arms. Why is this? I looked through the "Application Process Samples" and I think I ran across just one Engineer Officer (Army) Applicant in the past 2 years.

Obviously this is just to satisfy my own curiosity. Why do you guys think this is so?

Could it be that you overlooked threads where people colloquially (and incorrectly) referred to the occupation as Combat Engineer Officer?

I don't think so. But I know what you mean, I've seen people make that mistake a few times. I mean, don't get me wrong, I went to the Engineer Forums, and I saw that 1 or 2 members who are Engineer Officer, but it just doesn't add up in the end. I just dont see many Engineer Officers so I do Artillery or Armour. I guess they are just hiding :P

Also, to add to that, I see my applicants who are trying for NCS engineer, Aero engineer, Construction and so on, but just not Engineer (Army). I guess I will find out once I am actaully part of the CF.

KingofKeys said:
I don't think so. But I know what you mean, I've seen people make that mistake a few times. I mean, don't get me wrong, I went to the Engineer Forums, and I saw that 1 or 2 members who are Engineer Officer, but it just doesn't add up in the end. I just dont see many Engineer Officers so I do Artillery or Armour. I guess they are just hiding :P

Also, to add to that, I see my applicants who are trying for NCS engineer, Aero engineer, Construction and so on, but just not Engineer (Army). I guess I will find out once I am actaully part of the CF.
This is not an "Official" site; maybe most of them don't even know about this site; and maybe they do but are competent, self assured people that don't require validation from the public ;-)

Don't know what the intake number for this year is but I bet, if you get in and do your BMOQ and CAP, that you'll be on the DP1 course come mid May with about 50 or more other candidates (air and land combined - some courses have had 70 or more)

Chimo!

Probally has to do with for the other Combat Arms Officer trades you just need a general degree and for Engineer Officer you need a Engineering Degree (or something related).

Back