• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do the empty mags go?

He hated you?... then yiou woulda been the RADOP and GPMG gunner :)

OK, OK - but the SOB still hated me. 

Of course, I may have been hateful at the time!

JimmyPeOn said:
I-6, what is the purpose of the gem tech halo and what type of sight is that?

Cheers,
Andrew
Sorry I missed this earlier

Sight is a Schmitt and Bender Short Dot 1.1-4x variable -- GemTech HALO is for overwatch roles where being discrete helps...

-Skeletor- said:
When you have an even number of rounds left in the magazine the top bullet is on the right side of the mag, an uneven number the top bullet is on the left.  After load a mag an than you c*ck your rifle remove the mag an see which one the top bullet is. If the top bullet is on the left side you know you chambered a round.

You can also pull back the cocking handle slightly an look into the chamber.

If you ever get a chance to do the PWT4 Gunfighter program you will be taught this an many other drills.

Still like the 2nd round a tracer, 2nd last tracer. When the S##t was hitting the fan over there, big time ! , Was that top round left or right ? , Shit now I'm dead, & my buddy's  are dead, But with 2nd round tracer, cock, remove mag, look see red , good to go ! , YOU HAVE NO F--KING TIME TO SECOND GUESS YOUSELF. And 2nd last for fired last tracer, drop mag, new mag, start firering, no cocking !, no brainer !. Max rounds down range, fastest way.
              If you don't have dump pouch get one, or there going on the ground.

tracer in mags (IMHO) is a bad idea - unless its a marking mag -- you often dont see them in close - and its a bad idea to get in the habit of using a vis reminder for that.
  odds are the guns just wont go bang.

For a admin or tac load where you have time the method of watching where your top round is, works well - its not a drill for under fire.  Same with the press check to verify.

Gunfighter is a start but its not the end all be all.

Back