• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where to have a good time in Calgary?

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Mad Max and I are two thirds of a tm teaching in Calgary this wknd.  Where should we go on Fri and Sat nights for entertainment?

Tom

Cowboys, Coyotes, Roadhouse, Back Alley and of course, the French Maid are all pretty good places.

Some of those Names sound suspicious.  You wouldn't be setting me up so I have to bail my buddies and me out of jail, would you?

Time to pop another Smiley:  ;D

Tom

Tom, I have personally been to most of those places. I assure you, I am not setting you up. lol. I go to some of those places for a good time when I'm home  ;D

OK, thanks.  Will get back to you Monday Ni or so with the AAR.

Tom

Electric Avenue.

Not only a great song, but a great place to visit in Calgary.

GW

Er, Electric Ave is no more.  The bars split, there's some down first street.  The Speakeasy is always a good bet.  :)  (If you check army.ca today, anyway...)

T

James Joyce on Stephen Ave DT,  if you like a nice Irish bar.

George Wallace said:
Electric Avenue.

Not only a great song, but a great place to visit in Calgary.

GW

As noted, Electric Avenue is great for looking at tumbleweeds, cobwebs and dust.

Not sure what the attraction was when it was here - drunk morons in close proximity to one another, always fights breaking out - surprised it took as long as it did to shut it down.

Back