• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whole Iltis Purchase

To any one that was wanting know how to go about buying an Iltis in Ontario.                           
        I have just bought a sweet one with a trailer it  has civ ownership already so on problems there, but  didn't really know how to get all of my ducks in a row so to speak I have read a vary helpful post telling how to go about it step by step vary helpful, the only thing that I came across was that the MTO had no problem giving me a trip perm with ownership but after I had the trip perm the MTO they then preceded to tell me that since they didn't have a cat for such a vehicle so I have to get it appraised after i have it cert so they can dip their hand far enough in my pockets to get their taxes. as far as for Ins. my company had no problems it is only coasting me $140.00 a month not to bad a price for Ins, well that is after your wife rights off 2 cars in 1 1/2 years lol and now thats the reason for getting the Iltis  lol............P.S. I am still looking for someone out there that has a copy of handbook or shop manuals they could email me please.                                                             

thanks Exmil

I concur with exmil...they're not unreasonable.  I just sold my roomate's amb for $4000.  It only has 25K and I swear this thing never left the compound to go anywhere but park at the CP all ex.

My beastie is my most reliable ride right now. (my daily driver needs a rear main seal)

seansiltis054.jpg

I got it for $750 two years ago...I bought it from ICAN group...there's a bunch on there now from Edmonton
http://www.icangroup.ca/main.cfm?P=55&L=en&Critere=edmonton&CIE_ID=101&Btn.x=104&Btn.y=11

They're AS is where is...and being that their disposition is so late in the game, these babies will need some work.

youravatar said:
Does anyone know an insurance company that would insure this? Becasue I tried a couple and so far i'm having no luck!

I'm in Ontario so I KNOW it's been done. But how went right over my head.  ::)

Thanks.

-Tony

Co-operators or Statefarm...if they say no, tell them to check again... ;)

iomalley,
nice ride but unless that is a "movie" plate on the front or one of those "Fun plates" I would rethink your picture there next time. I seem to remember back in the late eighties and early nineties a Sig M/CPL Corporal losing his pride and joy as it was not to hard to match a plate to an address. I think Vancouver PD got together with the Buy and Sell and came up with an advice sheet giving pointers on photo ad customers. 

Hi, just wondering if anyone on here knows the name or contact info of a guy that sells Iltis Jeep, near Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Also, I currently have my vehicle insurance through State Farm, and I called them up about insuring an Iltis, I was told that they don't insure the Iltis.  But I read on this board that someone did get insurance from State Farm for an Iltis, can anyone confirm this, that State Farm does insure the Iltis, before I call them back.

I appreciate any help I can get on this, Thanks in advance.

Ricky

Not sure who is selling them out in NB. Maybe try a Google search for Iltis in NB.
As for insurance, many companies balk at the idea, but I have had my Iltis insured with State Farm since the end of July this year.
There is an Iltis group on Yahoo that is a great resource for questions like this >http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/iltis/<
There was some discussion that on that group that people were having trouble with getting new policies on an Iltis with State Farm for a couple of months, but I'm not sure about that. Co-operators is apparently another option.
Happy Iltising.

Back