• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why are these freaks allowed to wear the uniform?

At 19, I sat in the recruiting office. My father had given me a quote that his father (a CDN WWII Vet) told him before enlistment. " Once you sign, prepare to serve wherever you may be needed." This weighed on me for awhile. After looking at the paper for about a minute, I signed into the Canadian Army. This lad has been given the chance to defend the rights and freedoms of Canada and her allies. If not to Afghanistan, then ship him to Club Ed.

TCBF said:
".. I see that the occasional combat soldier in the wars was not exactly Mia Farrow in proportions either."

- I'm more the Raquel Welch type, myself.

;D

Tom
Oooh you have long hair and good rack :eek:

I have read all the posts and can't believe the firts one.Here's me and other Militia plug's I know who have worked our arse's off to get selected to go overseas and now this dip stick say's this infront of his pears.

DISGUSTING!!!

I have a buddy at C.I.A. right now who is 53,he told me he wanted to go,so over a 6 month period and as he was on work up's I told him what to expect,he got in shape,did his combat team assult's etc. and he made it with a lot of hard work.Yes it's harder for us Militia as we must take a full year away from our families and work to serve our Country and we have this dip stick trying to dodge!
Punt the oxygen thief! :mad:

If I met the above said Gent I would take him out back and we would have a private discussion!

I say get them on a breach of contract, give them the old kiss off with extreme predjudice, oh and make them pay back their salaries for the time already served  ;D.  Make them think twice about trying to dodge things.

MM

I'm loath to blame the "system" for people who can't accept the responsibilities that they have taken on, be they at work, in society or wherever, but: the system has become such that rather than "They" (I capitalized it because they're freakin' huge!!) will ASK people if they WANT to: deploy overseas ("Nah, I got tickets to NASCAR around that time frame. Can't be bothered...."), be posted ("Well, I've really grown attached to the local Public Radio station..... Can I stay here, huh, pleeeeaaaaaseeeee?!?"), do their job ("I'd rather be fishing..... can I take the afternoon off instead of doing what I get paid good money to do?"). Whatever happened to telling someone to do something, they do it (with or without a smile on their face) and they will come back and ask for more. Oh yeah. We have more social workers per base than pay clerks, and the Ombudsman is just a speed-dial away to make the bad man stop..... :crybaby:

The chronically pathetic have to be rooted out, shamed into work (or be released), or deported (even if they were born here) to an Al-Qaeda R&R center to be comfort-boys or -girls for them. Vaseline will definitely be spiked with sand.....and glass....and....

Al

What a tool...if hes not willing to do his job he needs to get out of the forces, and again if hes not willing to go overseas i would take his space

Sh0rtbUs said:
If he ain't goin, i will  :D

In all seriousness, they're everywheres. Anyone can BS their way through an interview, so their motives for joining are really up in the air. In the end, if he'll cower back, fine. Better to have these types get their way and sit at home, and have someone who cares takes their place and actually get the job done, am I right?

Like i said, they're everywheres.

i agree get them out now before you are in a sitution and they trun and run

"life is easily trusted to the hands of a friend and easily lost off the backs of runners" theseeker

:tank: Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I was wondering what the acronyms mean---( if "acronyms" is the right word!)--for DAG red? And for MQ?

Thanks! :salute:

It's funny... that theres people IN the forces who dont want to be there..

Then theres people like me whos willing to do the job and do it well and want to go over.... and it takes forever to get in..

Makes no sense to me..

And explain to me how these woman who didnt even want to do their PT test even got in , in the first place???

The army standards have dropped incredibly , it makes me mad.. they let anyone in.. and make the people who are incredibly willing .. wait.

Mechanic_chick

Yes, there are people who are in who no longer want to be there, and people who want to get in that can't. However, it's pretty presumptuous of you to make sweeping statements like "they let anyone in" and that "army standards have dropped incredibly", especially considering you aren't even in yet.

And wait, if their standards are so low, and they will let anyone in, what are you saying about yourself when you can't get in?

Missybee said:
:tank: Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I was wondering what the acronyms mean---( if "acronyms" is the right word!)--for DAG red? And for MQ?

Thanks! :salute:

DAG = departure assistance group.  It's the organization at a base or wing that assists members preparing for a deployment prior to the actualy deployment departure.  We sometimes mis-use it as a verb to indicate the process of preparing to deploy.  "Green" means everything is good to go and a member is ready to deploy, "Yellow" means there is something keeping the member from deploying but that it wan be worked out/remedied and permit subsequent change of status to "Green".  "Red" means there is a showstopper that will keep the member from deploying (failing a PT test, having a family issue that requires the member to stay at home, etc...)

MQ is Married Quarters, the housing for families on military bases.

Cheers,
Duey

Glad you said something.
5 years ago the member had to swear to do such a thing in order to get that paycheck.
But to be honest I don't want him on my 6 anywhere, he should be reported as a danger to his platoon and his country.
Held back for pysch evaluation and spit home wrapped in his 5 year pension donation check.

YOU GO ... I GO!
our fate is our own

This is a topic that really irks me as well.  After 9/11, I couldn't believe the number of people who put in their releases!!  It was incredible.  They said "when I joined the army I never thought we would go to war".
I was like, "what did you think we are here for?"
I was in Bosnia in 2000.  I asked for an extension on my tour.  I spent a year and a half back in Canada, begging to sign a waiver and go to Afghanistan.  I ended up going to some imaginary support base somewhere near Afghanistan  ;) in 2002/2003.  I would have been on another tour if I didn't accept UTPNCM.  I graduate in less than two months and be sure I'll be putting my name in right away to deploy.  That is my job.  If I couldn't deploy, I wouldn't be a soldier.
Some people signed up for the military because it's a guaranteed job with benefits (usually better than they can get on civvie street) and as a [historically] peacekeeping country the chances of spending your career on a base were pretty good.
It's sad really.
Shadow

People join the military for a very wide variety of reasons, theres too many to even start contemplating about. Its better to just accept it than reject it cause these people are here to stay. Many currently serving members do have valid reasons to keep them back in Canada also, this isnt all cut and dry blood and guts do or die stuff were talking about. For those people that keep complaining the standards have dropped reference PT, you might as well get over that whining to. The problem with standards is rooted from recruitment, the problem with recruitment is rooted from the lower quality of life the Military has endured over years of cutbacks from the government. Go for the head of the snake, not the tail, that only makes bad behind thier back coffee break talk.

IMO this thread reeks of dissent and sedition which goes against conformity. Before anyone rebuts that, remember conformity doesnt just mean 1 single standard.

MOOXE said:
People join the military for a very wide variety of reasons, theres too many to even start contemplating about. Its better to just accept it than reject it cause these people are here to stay. Many currently serving members do have valid reasons to keep them back in Canada also, this isnt all cut and dry blood and guts do or die stuff were talking about. For those people that keep complaining the standards have dropped reference PT, you might as well get over that whining to. The problem with standards is rooted from recruitment, the problem with recruitment is rooted from the lower quality of life the Military has endured over years of cutbacks from the government. Go for the head of the snake, not the tail, that only makes bad behind thier back coffee break talk.

IMO this thread reeks of dissent and sedition which goes against conformity. Before anyone rebuts that, remember conformity doesnt just mean 1 single standard.

Yeaaaahhhhhhhh...... OOOOOKKKKKKK (avert your eyes children, HE can take many forms.......)

Al

Well I have a hard time believing any DRAGOON would say that not our style, no one i know or would associate with but again hard to believe a DRAGOON would act like this.

shadow said:
This is a topic that really irks me as well.  After 9/11, I couldn't believe the number of people who put in their releases!!  It was incredible.  They said "when I joined the army I never thought we would go to war".
I was like, "what did you think we are here for?"...

Some people signed up for the military because it's a guaranteed job with benefits (usually better than they can get on civvie street) and as a [historically] peacekeeping country the chances of spending your career on a base were pretty good.
It's sad really.
Shadow

I think its an occupational hazard in any force that recruits the wrong way, then does little to reinforce the true meaning of military service. You need look no  farther than the reactions of many US Army and ARNG/Res soldiers (and their families) when the US got into the First Gulf War. I recall reading about desertions, attempts to avoid reserve call-up, and expressions of foolish (but familiar...) comments such as "I just joined the Army to be a truck driver". The Jessica Lynch incident displayed this attitude, both from serving members as well as from families of some of the soldiers in the Maintenance Company that was hit.

If you tell people it's a job, and treat it like its just a job, and let people act like that for a ten or twenty year career, don't be surprised that you get negative reactions when the bell finally goes.

Cheers.

pbi said:
I think its an occupational hazard in any force that recruits the wrong way, then does little to reinforce the true meaning of military service. You need look no  farther than the reactions of many US Army and ARNG/Res soldiers (and their families) when the US got into the First Gulf War. I recall reading about desertions, attempts to avoid reserve call-up, and expressions of foolish (but familiar...) comments such as "I just joined the Army to be a truck driver". The Jessica Lynch incident displayed this attitude, both from serving members as well as from families of some of the soldiers in the Maintenance Company that was hit.

If you tell people it's a job, and treat it like its just a job, and let people act like that for a ten or twenty year career, don't be surprised that you get negative reactions when the bell finally goes.

Cheers.

It's true...  good points.  We can't really put the blame soley on them.  How many people went into the recruiting office and were told that joining the infantry was "just like camping"?  I was 17 years old and said cooool!!!!  Then I signed up for the militia.

This problem has been around for a while.  I was posted to Germany (RCD), and was back in Canada on course when Ronald Reagon was elected president.  I remarked to one of my coursemates "One way or another, this means a showdown with the USSR.  We may be putting our training to use soon."

He looked at me, all bug-eyed, and within a week had put in a request to LOTEP to another trade, and putting in a VW from the course.

I was floored.  I could not figure out why a guy would join the army, and not be mentally prepared to go to war.  Actually, it still puzzles me. It could be the fact that the US and Cdn recruiting ads make lots of mentions of "adventure" and show clips of fun things to do, without ever talking about getting placed in a location where there is someone doing his very best to kill you.  It could be many things, but I'm thinking that something has to change within our recruiting and BQ...

I wonder if administrative actions can be placed on people consistently dagging red.  Place them on C & P, or whatever...

And having deadweight posted from the Units to the School(s) is taking the easy way out!  The School is not, and can't be, a dumping ground.  The School, and MTSC, and all of the range controls have enough people with administrative or career problems.  To be fair, there are many (single parents and such) who get posted out of Units because of legitimate administrative problems, but too many are posted there because they should be released, and the Unit took the easy way out.

And I know that many of us can think of a few names........

Reccecrewman
Send me his name, I never have a problem about phoning back to the Regt. Well for now, don't know if I'm CSOR bound this yr (fingers crossed), or back to the Regt next. I enjoy having soldiers like that. A Duty here, a Duty there. Soon he ether growsup or quits. As for posting to the school, it would be another was of rations here.

:evil: :tank:

Back