• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will universities salute a new campus corps?

An excellent idea. It would be a great opportunity for "fence sitters" who could later decide to join the CF or not.

Administrative supports, university club/Frat stuff and so can be found on programs such as sport-university, foreign students-university,...but none for military-university.

I am presently looking for strategies to convince my department and my adviser to let me switch from teaching assistant duties to reserve and it won't be an easy task !

Unfortunately, the merit of an idea depends heavily on your perspective.

After seeing firsthand the hostility encountered at the University of Victoria by the CF and its supporters, I can appreciate the fact that this would be incredibly difficult to launch at more than a few selective institutions.

My only contribution related to school and military, with my limited power as a teacher assitant is to bend administrative rules (but stay in the legal zone) for reservists when of course it is justified. I must say that overall the few reservists that I knew I taught to, were first class students !
However, don't spread the news, it is a secret  ;)

Wow...if nothing else that link shows us to watch what we say on here.

Petamocto said:

So, I guess you haven't yet been sitting in a meeting where a four-ringer or general has mentioned reading a discussion on army.ca? 

Petamocto said:
True enough!  It's also kind of amusing to be commenting on milnet.ca on a story that commented on milnet.ca comments!

Michael O'Leary said:
So, I guess you haven't yet been sitting in a meeting where a four-ringer or general has mentioned reading a discussion on army.ca?

No, in fact it's usually me bringing up Army.ca with all the MWOs I work with and having them roll their eyes at me.

Back