• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter Camping

A nice idyllic scene, but what about the two guys who were probably needed to carry it to the site so she could plug in the air pump?

Every time that I see an inflatable tent, I have flashbacks to M.U.S.T. (Medical Unit, Self-Contained, Transportable) and wonder how long before it goes limp. We had one in Canadian inventory.

. . . To make this possible, as well as to keep the hospitals inflated, a sixty-bed MUST could use as much as 3,000 gallons of JP-4 per day, enough fuel to propel a Huey helicopter up to 4,270 nautical miles. . . .

I was just looking at picking one of these up this week. I was considering a spacious hot tent similar to our arctic tents but this seems interesting.

I was just looking at picking one of these up this week. I was considering a spacious hot tent similar to our arctic tents but this seems interesting.

I wonder if it would survive a 70kph breeze, you know, like we can get through the winter season from time to time ;)

A nice idyllic scene, but what about the two guys who were probably needed to carry it to the site so she could plug in the air pump?

Every time that I see an inflatable tent, I have flashbacks to M.U.S.T. (Medical Unit, Self-Contained, Transportable) and wonder how long before it goes limp. We had one in Canadian inventory.

Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars for Gucci bespoke kit.

Looks like she ( sometimes ) backs her SUV into the campsite, leaves the SUV back hatch open, and tarps it into the tent.

Little to no distance to haul the tent and gear to the site itself, from what I saw.

Even brings a full-size TV!

And, of course, good food and drink.

Looks like she ( sometimes ) backs her SUV into the campsite, leaves the SUV back hatch open, and tarps it into the tent.

Little to no distance to haul the tent and gear to the site itself, from what I saw.

And no stove watch! ;)

Looks like everything a Foreign Student or Temporary Worker could ever want. All they need is an underpass where they can erect it.

Its not camping unless you have a 10 man tent group, have to snowshoe to get there and use Coleman products for heat and light.

Digging Us Army GIF by GoArmy

As a kid we sometimes had winter camping at home but we didn't call it that. We called it the bleeping oil man didn't show up again so now the drums are all empty and a snowstorm has hit so no idea when he is getting here. At least my parents were sexist so I could get warm a bit by shovelling the snow. The girls were not so lucky as they had to wash dishes in cold water. Mind you the dishes didn't get very dirty as we couldn't cook anything. Lots of hard sandwiches - bread does freeze.

As a kid we sometimes had winter camping at home but we didn't call it that. We called it the bleeping oil man didn't show up again so now the drums are all empty and a snowstorm has hit so no idea when he is getting here. At least my parents were sexist so I could get warm a bit by shovelling the snow. The girls were not so lucky as they had to wash dishes in cold water. Mind you the dishes didn't get very dirty as we couldn't cook anything. Lots of hard sandwiches - bread does freeze.

Not if you carry it in an inside pocket ;)

You had bread? Bonus. 😁

Not if you carry it in an inside pocket ;)
That was called hoarding which would have others gang up on you and take it away to eat. When you have 12 siblings you learn to play the game.
You had bread? Bonus. 😁
Absolutely and not the bag of air from the store. Mother made it in the oil stove. She would get really mad when we cut it too early but let's face it, it was worth a head cuff or smack of the wooden spoon to have nice warm bread with butter and molasses on it.

Back