• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your workout routine

Docherty said:
I would reccomend the Navy SEALs workout, I'm doing it right now and it's awesome! Oh BTW leg presses aren't good for your knees so be very careful.

I have the web site for the Navy SEALS work out but I wasn't sure if it would be to great because It seemed to only focus on your abs and pushups but I'll give it a shot.

Island Rhyno 1500 pounds is a crazy amount there is no way I'd be able to that I'd end up pulling something. I wasn't planning on ignoring my legs... It's just that my upper body needs much more work then my lower body, but if people have anything that involves legs and stuff then I'll gladly give'er a shot.

Steve said:
17 and 19 minutes .. If I had those times I'd be totally set ............. bastard.

And If I could bench more than 190 and I'd be set...Being a skinny bastard has some advantages, but you pay for it elsewhere. ;)

Pte. Gaisford said:
And If I could bench more than 190 and I'd be set...Being a skinny ******* has some advantages, but you pay for it elsewhere. ;)

I am also skinny

Sorry civvy, I thought you said 150lbs, but it's 120lbs. :-[ My bad, however it doesn't matter, the principles I gave you still apply, even if your only benching 50lbs! I also posted a full body workout in the previously mentioned thread above, that will do you all over, now give'r  8)

Hey Civvy, try out Rhyno's routine it looks pretty solid, here's the lin in case you missed it: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/30301.0.html

He includes barbell squats .. why is that important especially for your upper body? Because squats foremost tax the overall body structure and the core, so there's a benefit. Something else which ties into that is that when you squat, you release more than a usual amount of growth hormone. The reason is because of how it taxes the entire body when doing heavy squats and because since the quads are such a large muscle, more is excreted. With your blood flowing, every muscle gets a dose. I think the same goes for barbell chest press as well but squats more so. Everyone should do squats for this reason alone.

But that all said, Rhynos routine contains it, but I wanted to point out that little tidbit. It should help you grow more when you do the rest of his workouts..

And like CJCM says in that topic, most of your training is supporting your training. If you weight train and don't eat - you won't grow, that simple. Weight training tears down your muscles, I hate it when people think they are making them bigger doing it, they are fooled by the feeling of the pump and the burn by the lactic acid. If you weight train and do not eat properly, you will get weaker! So make sure you eat your fair share of carbs and protein, and by fair share I mean eat a ton if you're wanting to bulk up. Don't eat junk/empty calories. And if you can afford it, supplement your diet with something like NL2 or a similar weight gainer.

Geez I have the dunce hat on today, first civvy I thought you said in your original post that you were having trouble getting your bench over 150lbs, so that's what I went on rambling about, then I say your post about my leg press and again I thought you were referring to my stating your bench press was 150lbs. So I have read the post's and I apologize for the dummy reply.  :P It's been a long day ok.  ;D

I highly recomend clean's (first part of the clean and jerk) and power cleans as a whole body work out. They're really good for explosive (fast twitch) strength. Also try doing front squats as well as the regular kind. The balance changes and you feel it in some different muscles. Both take some getting used to so even if you are pretty strong, start light if you haven't done them before.

I like this site. They have some good exercises, and routines for free. http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Also this is a good workout for those times when theri isn't a gym to be found http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler57.htm

Island Rhyno today I was bench pressing 135 so I should be at 150 in a couple months... I'll probably start with your workout that you posted. By the way what's a military press?

Pte. Gaisford  Thanks for the links I'll look into them both some more when I get more time.

http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/video.asp That link will give you video clips of the exercises, the military press is the seated dumbbell press!  8)

Docherty said:
Oh BTW leg presses aren't good for your knees so be very careful.

Yeah I screwed my left knee doing them and now it cracks every time I lock it, I found out later never to lock your knees while doing them.

Back