• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Not only that. I believe Trudeau takes great pleasure in inflicting any sort of pain or harm on those not likely to vote for him. When you watch the video where he announces the bans, what his facial expressions closely as he makes the announcement. He can barely conceal the seething hate for firearms owners and the glee he has in making this announcement. This is the worst kind of person to have any sort of power and is the kind of terrible personality this country been electing (with CCP assist of course, so it's not all the citizen's fault).
That's the problem with retail politics, eventually you can't give your voters any more, so you need to take away from the people who voted against you.

Not only that. I believe Trudeau takes great pleasure in inflicting any sort of pain or harm on those not likely to vote for him. When you watch the video where he announces the bans, what his facial expressions closely as he makes the announcement. He can barely conceal the seething hate for firearms owners and the glee he has in making this announcement.
The glee is from knowing his announcement just won him the GTA, Montréal and the Lower Mainland BC without spending a dime.
This is the worst kind of person to have any sort of power and is the kind of terrible personality this country been electing (with CCP assist of course, so it's not all the citizen's fault).
Unproven. Off to the Gulag with you.

Unproven. Off to the Gulag with you.

This is one of those reverse onus cases. Actions thus far demonstrate guilt must be assumed. Until demonstrated otherwise by an untainted process overseen by someone not related/paid/appointed or otherwise connected/influenced by the subject and/or the CCP.

This is one of those reverse onus cases. Actions thus far demonstrate guilt must be assumed. Until demonstrated otherwise by an untainted process overseen by someone not related/paid/appointed or otherwise connected/influenced by the subject and/or the CCP.
You're just experiencing it differently.

Safety and Security is an illusion.

Those already living a life which brings gun violence close to home will see no change, as that's all committed with illegal guns. Those who aren't living a life close to gun violence, but who nonetheless feel afraid of gun violence, will feel safer as a result of these measures.

The only people truelly "affected" will be gun owners. Of those, I'm willing to bet the majority arent LPC supporters. Of those gun owners who ARE LPC supporters, Im also willing to bet the majority won't see this as a deciding issue; there are far more important issues than gun ownership, even if it is a real "fuck you" from the government.

One minute you have a nice nest egg and a quiet, care free retirement. Next minute you have to start looking at budgets and necessities again.

I fully support responsible gun ownership in Canada and believe that the government is punishing good people with a law that will make no difference on gun crime.

But...

If you are using guns as a nest egg for your retirement, quite frankly, you're an idiot.

Some view it as a investment, but to me thats a stupid thing to do with something as fickle as gun laws.
Gee, thanks.

I've been purchasing firearms since 1967. There was none of this nonsense back then. Everything purchased was done legally and to government regulations. Nothing was stupid about it until this government came along and made a mockery of legal owners.

I wonder if you'll say the same when he decides to wipe out all that physical cash everyone is squirreling away in lieu of his digital currency.
tv9u2zpwfup21.jpg

Do people really invest in guns as a nest egg or retirement plan? Just curious as I have no idea if a gun collection is actually an investment vehicle or not.

I fully support responsible gun ownership in Canada and believe that the government is punishing good people with a law that will make no difference on gun crime.

But...

If you are using guns as a nest egg for your retirement, quite frankly, you're an idiot.

GFY, I'm not an idiot. As I already said, there was nothing wrong with it until YOUR fucked up racist asshole decided to become Ping's minime and stooge. Mentally deficient dickheads that voted for him and continue to support and 'play devils advocate' for the despotic little prick are no better than that traitorous, divisive child is.

Shot with balls of their own shit comes to mind.

Do people really invest in guns as a nest egg or retirement plan? Just curious as I have no idea if a gun collection is actually an investment vehicle or not.
Don't see why it would be any different than collectibles/art/wine/spirits. Alternative investments that are really more of a fun way to diversify for the affluent, risky basket to have many eggs in.

Don't see why it would be any different than collectibles/art/wine/spirits. Alternative investments that are really more of a fun way to diversify for the affluent, risky basket to have many eggs in.
Yeah, it’s why I ask. If it’s actually a thing. From what I’ve seen by cursory searching is that it isn’t a wise thing to bank on unless dealing with really rare historical things.

Yeah, it’s why I ask. If it’s actually a thing. From what I’ve seen by cursory searching is that it isn’t a wise thing to bank on unless dealing with really rare historical things.
Yes it is or at least was. In 1975 I had the opportunity to fire a legal MG42 - it belonged to a collector who happened to be in the N Sask R.
IIRC a M1 Carbine and a .455 Webley was there as well.

Yes it is or at least was. In 1975 I had the opportunity to fire a legal MG42 - it belonged to a collector who happened to be in the N Sask R.
IIRC a M1 Carbine and a .455 Webley was there as well.
So historical collectibles and such.

So historical collectibles and such.
Yes so if I for instance had a collection of FNs (now illegal) or flintlocks (dueling pistols) or whatever. Some are worth a few $$. There are more knowledgeable folks here that can inform us.

Yes they do. Every firearm I own has increased in value since I bought it. Even though there are few of us left, there was still a good market in the 12(*) prohibited until this government came to power. One simple example is the little AR-7 .22 survival rifle I bought decades ago for around $100. A new Henry copy will cost around $500, where an original is much more than that.

Last edited:
The reason I asked is I recently met someone who invested in scotch and whiskey. And it as part of his long term financial plan. Wasn’t his only plan and I doubt he’d be starving if it didn’t work out but was part of it. It made me think that this may be a similar sort of thing.

The reason I asked is I recently met someone who invested in scotch and whiskey. And it as part of his long term financial plan. Wasn’t his only plan and I doubt he’d be starving if it didn’t work out but was part of it. It made me think that this may be a similar sort of thing.
Whatever you do don't invest in classic cars. Money pits and the value you put in you will probably not recoup.

Back