• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COVID vaccine mass law tort?

Management/employees are not even a remotely close comparison to this. Nice try.
Do you read a thread before commenting? You are the first person to mention "management ".

Feet and knees together...

External review found military's COVID-19 vaccine policy violated Charter of Rights​

• Policy resulted in 299 people being released and another 108 leaving the armed forces on their own

A tribunal that is part of the military grievance process has found that the Canadian Armed Forces' COVID-19 vaccine policy violated its members' Charter rights.

The Military Grievances External Review Committee reviews grievances that are referred to it by the chief of defence staff, and provides the chief with non-binding findings and recommendations.

In all, 157 grievances have been filed with the independent tribunal over the military's vaccination policy, which took effect in the fall of 2021 and remained in place for nearly a year before being updated to apply more narrowly.

Because dozens of similar grievances are being considered at the same time, the committee took the step of releasing three annexes in mid-July that laid out its analysis in order to streamline future cases.

I like how people have complained for years that the Military lacks oversight and that they require a way to seek recourse against unjust actions perpetrated by the CoC.

Said mechanisms are being created and now people are unhappy with the results 🤣

Meanwhile:

A certain former Indigenous Ex-JTF2 Sniper who has also achieved some notoriety for battlefield exploits:

has been on the warpath and doesn't appear likely to quit anytime soon:

But we were lead to believe they were all disloyal low performers 🤣

The CAF will continue to be its own worst enemy.

As I've stated before, there was already evidence from such employer imposed mandates, including those for municipal emergency workers in places such as Toronto, that these workplaces were beginning to experience mass outbreaks not long after laying off their unvaccinated workers.

Those were the only union arbitrations I was curious about.

City of Toronto firefighters:

Re: Mandatory Vaccine Policy Grievance

262. Accordingly, I declare that the Policy requiring fully vaccinated status to the level set for the end of 2021 as a condition precedent for a fire fighter’s continuing to report for work in TFS was and continues to be reasonable.
Derek L. Rogers
Arbitrator
https://hicksmorley.com/wp-content/...and-City-of-Toronto-Rogers-26-August-2022.pdf

I like how people have complained for years that the Military lacks oversight and that they require a way to seek recourse against unjust actions perpetrated by the CoC.

Meanwhile:

A certain former Indigenous Ex-JTF2 Sniper who has also achieved some notoriety for battlefield exploits:

What a mess we made of this whole thing. And people will still defend the way we handled this.

What a mess we made of this whole thing. And people will still defend the way we handled this.
From what I can tell, this will continue to be the default reaction:

sand GIF by South Park

Trust the science! It's settled remember!
I like being retired from the Military. Every passing day, my time spent becomes more and more of a distant memory.

I can't help but have a chuckle at the goings on in the CAF at the moment. A decade ago, I never would have believed the organization would turn in to what it has become.

It's an unserious organization governed by an unserious government.

It wasn't just the CAF but society as a whole.

The ones that balked against the vax were branded as "witches" for lack of a better descriptor, and that was started by the PM and his witch hunters. There was no room for debate - if you don't take the shot we are going to make life very miserable for you.

It was the same here. We had managers administering tests to staff who refused to take the shot.

It wasn't just the CAF but society as a whole.

The ones that balked against the vax were branded as "witches" for lack of a better descriptor, and that was started by the PM and his witch hunters. There was no room for debate - if you don't take the shot we are going to make life very miserable for you.

It was the same here. We had managers administering tests to staff who refused to take the shot.
The hysteria was absolutely something to behold.

I developed a different opinion of quite a few people during that time. I deployed during that period and the amount of people who skived out of sailing, etc was something to behold.

I remember when I and a few others got ordered to remain at sea indefinitely, people were faking sick so they could get landed, some were almost hysterical because they didn't know how long we would be out there for or what was happening.

IMO, they are all cowards and shouldn't be holding a commission but there is no real test for actual character in the CAF.

The hysteria was absolutely something to behold.

I developed a different opinion of quite a few people during that time. I deployed during that period and the amount of people who skived out of sailing, etc was something to behold.

I remember when I and a few others got ordered to remain at sea indefinitely, people were faking sick so they could get landed, some were almost hysterical because they didn't know how long we would be out there for or what was happening.

IMO, they are all cowards and shouldn't be holding a commission but there is no real test for actual character in the CAF.

Stick close to your desks and never go to sea and you all may be rulers of the Queen's Naveeeeee! ;)

YMMV depending on employer and union, or non-union, affiliation.

They terminated our unvaccinated members on 1Jan., 2022.

Dec. 1, 2022 offered to reinstate unionized members.

Any members unvaccinated for Covid or influenza are required to wear full PPE on respiratory calls.

Stick close to your desks and never go to sea and you all may be rulers of the Queen's Naveeeeee! ;)
This is the way....

I had to chuckle when these same folks were going on about all the "usurpers" amongst us who "refused to do their duty".

🤣

That being said, COVID was a great time to be at sea. I realized all the fun was up when I got back and the Navy was trying to get back to "business as usual".

Being at sea for extended periods away was great, especially when you didn't have someone else trying to fill your flex with random stuff. It let us do things like put in 4 hour maintenance windows so it wasn't a blank space, but actually hit 90+% PM completion, and for a brief while we actually had all 4 MWM DGs available. We would have turned it over like that as well, but N37 couldn't be arsed to get someone to verify that blog was shipping over the correct turbo (they were handed) when we asked b/c some had previously been mislabled.

And coming alongside and not being able to get off the ship is not uncommon for some departments; I had a few port visits where I only managed to walk down the jetty. Nothing to do with COVID, just fixing things so we could sail.

Being at sea for extended periods away was great, especially when you didn't have someone else trying to fill your flex with random stuff. It let us do things like put in 4 hour maintenance windows so it wasn't a blank space, but actually hit 90+% PM completion, and for a brief while we actually had all 4 MWM DGs available. We would have turned it over like that as well, but N37 couldn't be arsed to get someone to verify that blog was shipping over the correct turbo (they were handed) when we asked b/c some had previously been mislabled.

And coming alongside and not being able to get off the ship is not uncommon for some departments; I had a few port visits where I only managed to walk down the jetty. Nothing to do with COVID, just fixing things so we could sail.
No doubt MSE are some of the hardest workers and unsung heroes on a Ship.

Meanwhile:

I know everyone hates a "I told you so" but in case.....As an employer of many I was pressured to mandate but I had to in go with my true beliefs. I could not in good name mandate for my teams. I am not a lawyer but if our "constitution" is worth even the paper it written this could not stand.

No doubt MSE are some of the hardest workers and unsung heroes on a Ship.
Nah, just unfortunately the work doesn't stop when engines are shut down. But was why we preferred ports like Souda Bay or Toulon with a dedicated fuel hookup on the jetty (DFO and JP5) and a naval base repair facility. Makes life a lot easier for us and Log as well.

Barcelona was amazing, but having to recall people for a fueling via trucks on day 3 of a 5 day visit that was supposed to be a mini downtime break was about as much fun as you can imagine. It takes a while to offload entire truckloads of what was basically home heating oil when it's coming through a smaller hose, going uphill a bit to the ship connection, and then turnaround times for the truck to refill. Think that one took about 9 hours in total for 5 trucks, so something like 80-100 m3 of fuel.

The worst one was in St. John's, tied up across the bay from the fuel jetty, with a single truck. It would come, offload, then we could actually watch it drive around the bay, fill up, and come back. Think that was 15 hours or something with a few drivers switches out, so we kept standing up the fueling party, fuel for 20 minutes, then stand down for another hour or two.

YMMV depending on employer and union, or non-union, affiliation.

They terminated our unvaccinated members on 1Jan., 2022.

Dec. 1, 2022 offered to reinstate unionized members.

Any members unvaccinated for Covid or influenza are required to wear full PPE on respiratory calls.

By offering to reinstate only the unionized members they demonstrated arbitrary and discriminatory behavior. Hopefully the deciders pay for it down the road one way or another.

By offering to reinstate only the unionized members they demonstrated arbitrary and discriminatory behavior. Hopefully the deciders pay for it down the road one way or another.
As the courts roll though this and it will take years and years. Billions and billions will be need to be paid out. Every town and city, many many companies. The big ones are the healthcare workers.....its going to cost billions to a system that is having trouble affording things now.

I knew the minute the government declined to pass legislation indemnifying employers for mandates the gig was up.
They knew from start (as I did) that this whole thing did not past the smell test.

Back