• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 BC Election

On his party's website, Rustad says the "changing climate is real, and man is impacting our climate," but it "isn't a crisis," and the party will not engage in "over-taxation, hype, scare tactics" on the issue.

This probably resonates with many BCers who don’t believe that cobalt and nickel will save the planet.

If Team Red BC Franchise changed it's name, they must have thought that was enough taint :)
Part of that was Falcon came from the “Socred” wing of the party that was absorbed in the 90’s. From what I’ve heard, at SFU, he was a member of the Young Socreds while Christy Clark was a member of the Young Liberals there. Their battles were apparently epic. I’m sure the name always grated on him despite being a high profile cabinet minister in Campbell’s government.

Some more fodder for discussion - some recent polling from Angus Reid ...
Highlights ...
1725132727916.png
1725132752449.png
1725132790560.png
How it was done ...
The Angus Reid Institute conducted an online survey from Aug. 28 to Aug. 30, 2024 among a representative randomized sample of 1,049 Canadian adults living in British Columbia who are members of Angus Reid Forum. For comparison purposes only, a probability sample of this size would carry a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points, 19 times out of 20. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding. The survey was self-commissioned and paid for by ARI.

Have they said how many incumbents from BC United FC will run for reelection as Conservatives?

Have they said how many incumbents from BC United FC will run for reelection as Conservatives?
I think they are still trying to sort that out in the upcoming edition of The Hunger Games.

Hunger Games Odds GIF

I think they’re still trying to figure that out. The BCU leader may have overestimated how much power he has to arbitrarily fold the party. They can strip a party label, sure, but that doesn’t take candidates off the ballot. I also don’t know what mechanisms must be used to make his intent officially happen.

... The BCU leader may have overestimated how much power he has to arbitrarily fold the party. They can strip a party label, sure, but that doesn’t take candidates off the ballot. I also don’t know what mechanisms must be used to make his intent officially happen.
Doesn't help when he apparently didn't even consult his caucus - some members apparently found out from media calling them for their reaction.

I’m actually kind of surprised that only 3% of past voters of the carbon tax party are going to the Greens.

Back